Motorized bicycles fall under the category of a moped in Colorado.
The definition of a moped in Colorado, is a vehicle with no more than 3 wheels and an engine capacity of no more than 50ccs or 4,476 watts.
You must have a valid drivers license to ride a motorized bicycle in Colorado. A motorcycle license is not needed.
To register your motorized bicycle you'll need the following:
- A completed Low-Powered Scooter Registration form.
- Proof of ownership.
- Proof of insurance.
- $5.85 fee for registration.
Your motorized bicycle must also have:
- A headlight visible for 500 feet or yards
- A rear red reflector or light
- A bell or audible warning device