Where to get larger main jet for stock HS carb?

No I don't believe so. It is not like the gauge system. Where the lower the number the larger the object or cavity. Jets go the higher the number the bigger the hole in the jet. Wich translates into more gas delivery to the air flowing by down the carb. thraot.

well that is a bummer if it comes with 55 and that is the biggest jet; rifling it is.

I works fine, Don't worry about it. Thats BS about rifleing. I know i've done it. And it saved the project with flying colors. And It was with something a lot more teedious than a single cylinder Idustrial motor. These things are elementary motors, 2 or 4 stroke. They will run on wishes and bubble gum.:giggle:

well that is a bummer if it comes with 55 and that is the biggest jet; rifling it is.

Doing some research this afternoon and have found some larger jets that I'm sure will fit the Honda and HS Carb. There is a #58, and also a #60 these are from the parts manual for the Honda GX100 motor and have the same part # except the last four digits which match the jet size So a #55 jet has the part # of 99101-ZG0-0550, a #60 jet has the part # of 99101-ZG0-0600 etc. etc.
Its said that the HS Carb has a main jet that is .003in. larger that the Honda Carb. Could some one who has one please post what # main jet comes standard in the HS Carb?

Additional information: Main Jet # = Jet ID in mm
#55 = .55mm

To convert mm to in. divide mm by 25.4
.55/25.4=.021

Good Source for Honda Small Engine Parts and Part #s http://www.brandnewengines.com/hondaengineparts.aspx Look for the click here for Honda Part #s Icon You will be taken to Hondas web site with PDF files/downloads of every Honda Small engine. Once you have the part # you can type it into the brandnewengines parts search box and get availability and Price.

ocscully

Rifling is for guns, its a spiral. And the smaller the engine the more critical things are.Errors are magnified as you go smaller.
The tools are available to do it right.

While buying the right tools add an air Fuel ratio meter to list.Never ceases to amaze me at how many don't know how to read plugs correctly to start with are then trying to read them with no lead.:rolleyes:

Wire trick revisited

I know this is a 4 stroke category but had to add to this thread to confirm wire in jet works perfectly

Bought the dellorto copy, hooked her all up and went for a ride. ****... topped out at 20 and wouldnt go no more. Apply slight choke and it dies. Too rich. Remember the wire trick, twisted two strands of fine wire and added a loop at the bottom.

Went for a ride and hey presto instant power right through the range.. still feels slightly rich up top but will do until I get some new jets, which should be in the mail just as I finish typing this out...

:)

Attachments

• IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 287
If you need to accurately measure the diameter of a jet, here is an easy way to do it:

You need a stock of sewing needles of various diameters, a magic marker, and a micrometer or digital caliper or the like.

Needles are very smooth and have a very long taper. Find a needle that will only go part way up the jet and stops. (Be very gentle with this so as not to damage the jet.) Wipe one side of the needle with the magic marker. When you put the needle into the jet again it will scrape off the ink where it stops. Measure the needle at this point to determine the jet diameter.

(You could also use a needle to burnish out those rifling grooves too.:rolleyes:)

Back