OZ reed + window and 3rd transfer - What is the best jet for stock NT carb?

bowtieandboots

Local time
11:32 PM
Hi folks. I windowed my piston and dremeled a third transfer from the intake port down. I sealed up all air leaks with a fuel resistant sealant, and now it idles great.
However, I am now bogging in full throttle. It's NOT 4 stroking, it just has no power whatsoever and I can hardly tell its sparking if I open the throttle all the way from a slow roll. If I hold the throttle open for a few seconds it will start to pick up but very weakly. Do I need a leaner or richer jet with a reed valve and window piston + third transfer port? Right now I'm using a stock NT carb.

Hi folks. I windowed my piston and dremeled a third transfer from the intake port down. I sealed up all air leaks with a fuel resistant sealant, and now it idles great.
However, I am now bogging in full throttle. It's NOT 4 stroking, it just has no power whatsoever and I can hardly tell its sparking if I open the throttle all the way from a slow roll. If I hold the throttle open for a few seconds it will start to pick up but very weakly. Do I need a leaner or richer jet with a reed valve and window piston + third transfer port? Right now I'm using a stock NT carb.
Ok there’s so many things you done. All of us would help you on here but this is such of open question. I would just buy a pack of jets from 75 to 60 . I think I have seen them on bikeberry.com you can buy a 5 pack so buy 3 pks of different sizes. Then start with 75 work your way down. Always start rich. I’d really buy a good pipe (exhaust) first. Nasty jack is one that I’d recommend for the price or a real mz65 . Those bolt up without welding which should fit most frames.

Back