Need help with minarelli carb!

• Thread starter Deleted member 35519
  • Start date
So tell me, has Zane at California Motorbikes responded to you at all yet about this problem???...And if so, what does he have to say about all of this???

If he hasn't responded or is offering no help, replacement, etc, let us all know about this, we can also recommend a reliable vendor that is always there to help with just a direct phone call to them and they also have a six month warranty on all of their motor kits.

Many of us who are experienced builders usually get our kits only from this source, bicycle-engines.com...Feel free to ask questions about this alternative, we will be happy to answer them
Yes this is an issue with zane. I started going through all the steps I did to verify the issue and he offered no real support besides general suggestions via text. He never talks on the phone however. Their work and products aren't really warrented. If you read their buyers return policy. He doesn't accept returns. However I haven't asked personally for an exchange. I just received another GTZ Reed Valve motor from him and I'm breaking it in right now. I put the Minarelli to rest briefly. Ty all SO MUCH for the advice I'm going to carefully follow all your suggestions and keep you all updated. Very Soon! Someone suggested checking my squish gapping also. I see no issues with clearance. But we shall see!!! I just need to but a roll of sotter. I ordered a variable jet set for the Nibbi PE19mm and haven't begun the rabbit hole yet!!!. Still tuning this crappy Chinese PZ16mm carb that came with his Wildcat Pro Ported. Seems these carbs vary. I'm very new to carbs..... I'm assuming if I upgrade the carb on the Chinadoll Wildcat PK80 i will probably buy a Nibbi PE17mm for it. I have had to watch numerous tutorials online to get this right idea of tuning carberuators what and what not to do..... Last proted wildcat i bought from him... I've conlcuded I very much ran the motor to lean causing the piston to snap in the window value at high speed. This was also because I was fighting back and forth to have the carb tun finely. So I am running the needle richer to compensate for the issue meanwhile breaking in the engine! I didn't have a speedomenter. But I was pumping full throttle and atleast hitting 40mph on the china doll.. Also... I am overdoing myself I bought a phantom 86 v3.. With a 2 year buyer protection on Amazon. I'll let you know how that goes also!

Yes this is an issue with zane. I started going through all the steps I did to verify the issue and he offered no real support besides general suggestions via text. He never talks on the phone however. Their work and products aren't really warrented. If you read their buyers return policy. He doesn't accept returns. However I haven't asked personally for an exchange. I just received another GTZ Reed Valve motor from him and I'm breaking it in right now. I put the Minarelli to rest briefly. Ty all SO MUCH for the advice I'm going to carefully follow all your suggestions and keep you all updated. Very Soon! Someone suggested checking my squish gapping also. I see no issues with clearance. But we shall see!!! I just need to but a roll of sotter. I ordered a variable jet set for the Nibbi PE19mm and haven't begun the rabbit hole yet!!!. Still tuning this crappy Chinese PZ16mm carb that came with his Wildcat Pro Ported. Seems these carbs vary. I'm very new to carbs..... I'm assuming if I upgrade the carb on the Chinadoll Wildcat PK80 i will probably buy a Nibbi PE17mm for it. I have had to watch numerous tutorials online to get this right idea of tuning carberuators what and what not to do..... Last proted wildcat i bought from him... I've conlcuded I very much ran the motor to lean causing the piston to snap in the window value at high speed. This was also because I was fighting back and forth to have the carb tun finely. So I am running the needle richer to compensate for the issue meanwhile breaking in the engine! I didn't have a speedomenter. But I was pumping full throttle and atleast hitting 40mph on the china doll.. Also... I am overdoing myself I bought a phantom 86 v3.. With a 2 year buyer protection on Amazon. I'll let you know how that goes also!

Likewise I verified with him the problem with his motor bottom ends are the oil seals and beaings.. Their seated too close out of the box. Poor quality control. He offered no support to replace anything. Yet.

Likewise I verified with him the problem with his motor bottom ends are the oil seals and beaings.. Their seated too close out of the box. Poor quality control. He offered no support to replace anything. Yet.
Thank-you very much for this update on your situation @Deleted member 35519, It is replies like yours that are of real value here on the forums regarding vendors and whether or not they are going to stand by the products they sell.

Zanes, "Phantom killers", as he calls them, apparently seem to be committing suicide instead of killing Phantoms I guess...lol...Weak bottom ends due to weak bearings and seals.

Now Selling 52mm Bore 85cc Kits! Phantom Killer​

It will beat your phantom 85, confident in that. Won't be a HUGE upgrade given that you already have a 85cc, but the price is also $100 less. This motor will last longer, that is for sure.

Do not be a stranger SD, especially with that new Phantom 85 V-3 that you now have...Even though you bought it through Amazon and bought Amazons extended 2 year warranty, It still was shipped out by bicycle-engines.com as they are a trusted Amazon Partner and vendor and at least for the next 6 months, you will be able to deal directly with them for their part of any warranty towards that motor and kit setup...By all means, Ask any questions that you need to know about that motor here as quite a few of us have the P-85 motors...I have two of them myself, a V-2 and a new V-3 I am still taking my time putting together as I have been ill as of late, but getting back to it real soon...lol.

As I read these last two posts from @Deleted member 35519, everyone should now be forewarned and know....If you order anything from California Motor Bike, you are basically all on your own, so do not expect anything resembling any real support from Zane, despite his previous claims and promises to us all to the contrary.

Hey @Deleted member 35519 once ya get your phantom in you should start a new thread on it. There are several things that could.use to be done, and everyone has suggestions that are all great for properly assembling your engine to extend it's life

Hey @Deleted member 35519 once ya get your phantom in you should start a new thread on it. There are several things that could.use to be done, and everyone has suggestions that are all great for properly assembling your engine to extend it's life
Sure will.
Thank-you very much for this update on your situation @Deleted member 35519, It is replies like yours that are of real value here on the forums regarding vendors and whether or not they are going to stand by the products they sell.

Zanes, "Phantom killers", as he calls them, apparently seem to be committing suicide instead of killing Phantoms I guess...lol...Weak bottom ends due to weak bearings and seals.

Now Selling 52mm Bore 85cc Kits! Phantom Killer​

Do not be a stranger SD, especially with that new Phantom 85 V-3 that you now have...Even though you bought it through Amazon and bought Amazons extended 2 year warranty, It still was shipped out by bicycle-engines.com as they are a trusted Amazon Partner and vendor and at least for the next 6 months, you will be able to deal directly with them for their part of any warranty towards that motor and kit setup...By all means, Ask any questions that you need to know about that motor here as quite a few of us have the P-85 motors...I have two of them myself, a V-2 and a new V-3 I am still taking my time putting together as I have been ill as of late, but getting back to it real soon...lol.

As I read these last two posts from @Deleted member 35519, everyone should now be forewarned and know....If you order anything from California Motor Bike, you are basically all on your own, so do not expect anything resembling any real support from Zane, despite his previous claims and promises to us all to the contrary.
Sure will.

Yeah it's a scam. Weak bottom ends on all kits so far. breezetixmoto on Youtube REALLY proved it too. You will need to Viton Seal all his bottom ends. No seals sometimes and other times they blow! I went through oil seals like their butter. Very poor quality control.

On his Wildcat Pro Racing engine kits. The Read valve kit was so terribly produced on the manifold tubings that they very with large glooping amounts of alluminum solder that you basically have to dremel out. He provides a cheap 10-20 dollar PZ16mm carb with the kit which is basically impossible to keep tuned accurately. I have further investigated to find the proper jets for the carb itself and seems the pilot jets and main jets are m4 meteric or below. I will have to measure them. I blew up one riding full throttle on the piston going 40mph running a little too lean because of the fight bewteen tuning his carb. The second motor i ordered basically the carb was defective. Float is not straight, I need to full rip it apart now and examine it. May be missing a bearing stuffed in it somewhere. So I'm forced to use the old same exact carb.

His motors are serious ticking time bombs without ripping apart the crack case. Re-sealing the bearings. No iternal seals. claimed via text it was for fuel oil transfer. There's to much compression going on to have no type of internal bearing seals also... Other issue is he sometimes ships cylinder heads with nicks on them where they seat the gasket. Most recent Wildcat kit had that issue. Both Read valve kits were soldered by a 2 year old. That or Knocking in the oil seals with a 19mm socket, etc. They WILL fail straight out of the box without checking that everything is seated properly first. Being that his Minarelli Hybird kit is convertable as proven from this Youtube build breakdown and rebuild of the motor. It requires A LOT of tlc. Most people don't want to rip apart crank cases Just to get a motor running. I haven't yet. I have spent around $600 plus with California Motors over x3 motors so far. If I would've know it would've been such an experience... I would've paid Smolik Preformance $620 to port match, well and modify the motor. Yes the Hybrids are very cheap but require mechanical knowledge to improve over it's quality control. also the Mikuni adapter plate is a joke. It is straight, has no clearance on the motor. If you're looking to adapt any other type of carb. You will have to modify a manifold or make your own.

Ina dvanced to Smolik you have to spend money upfront for them to basically specially build then send it out. What has been your experience with them?
I have only chatted with ethan a bit about the Avenger, I have no personal experience with thier business, however other members here have had bad experiences with them.

Back