6hp Minarelli

Arty

Local time
12:53 PM
I just received a new 6hp Wildcat Ultra Minarelli with a cast iron sleeve.
Does anyone have an opinion if it is a good/bad idea to install my aluminum 6cc Fred Head on it? - Maybe sealing issues?
I've heard the Minarelli tends to run hot, and the Fred Head cools a lot better.

I just received a new 6hp Wildcat Ultra Minarelli with a cast iron sleeve.
Does anyone have an opinion if it is a good/bad idea to install my aluminum 6cc Fred Head on it? - Maybe sealing issues?
I've heard the Minarelli tends to run hot, and the Fred Head cools a lot better.
I would run a aftermarket head on your minarelli, they tend to run hot. Just check your squish gap before removing the cylinder head it came with.

Then install your Fred head & set your squish gap the same as the cylinder head it came with.

Still here DT.. I have not run my motorized in a couple months.
It’s good to go.. just took a break.

Haven’t been too active but I still do try to read here daily.

I ran a couple of the cheap cast Minarelli kits. All my builds run a Mikuni 20mm and jog 50 pipe…26” wheels 36T sprocket.

The cast kits made lots of power low and mid range and power fell off around 9,500K. They’re made my bike fun..pulling hard.
The temps did run much higher than I liked.. 300F +\- when run fast.
I ran a CDH aluminum head.
The high temps didn’t seem to be a problem for the engine.
Most of my problems have come from the CG cranks not lasting. The metal is soft and I repeatedly fretted the crank pin on a few or whack it out of true.

Thanks for the help guys.
I'm looking forward to the new engine - -but it won't happen till spring now.
Same here. I'm wanting to rebuild a bike on a hyper cruiser, bu5 there are so many things I want to do differently that I just can't afford to do or cant do until its earm (mostly painting)

Back