18 year old Motobike "Pepe" stolen

Hey GW! Wish I had the space. Might also loop the chain around the bottom of my cars rear tire, as I always park it inside-Gearhead437
That would be a great idea. You'd be surprised what people that have the intention to steal a specific item will go through to get it.
Just remember, no bike is theft proof, but you CAN make a thiefs life as miserable as possible in the attempt...lol.

Just remember, no bike is theft proof, but you CAN make a thiefs life as miserable as possible in the attempt...lol.

Exactly why I suggested tying it to somthing larger than a jack and jack stands

Dear Fellow Members-Bought 16' of 3/16" hardened steel chain plus a hardened key lock. Will be looping it through the frame, my floor jack and two jackstands. If they steal this one, they will have to work harder for it!-Gearhead222
You can always put a big eye bolt in the floor to loop the chain thru
When your bike isn't locked to the eye bolt put an orange cone over it so ya don't trip on it

200.gif

Dear Fellow Members-Bought 16' of 3/16" hardened steel chain plus a hardened key lock. Will be looping it through the frame, my floor jack and two jackstands. If they steal this one, they will have to work harder for it!-Gearhead222
Nice work. Get a sign that reads, ‘Protected by Smith & Wesson.’ Give them something to think about.

Great responses all! I just bought and will install a lag eye bolt to a joist behind the drywall and run the 3/16" hardened chain through both of my bikes. I was gifted a like new BionX Electra PL-350 and it, like the motobike, will NEVER AGAIN, be chained outside but will be chained in the garage. Sad to say, but I talked to a neighbor and a mnt. man at my complex who had bikes stolen off of their 2nd floor balcony!-Amazing!-Gearhead437

Back