1973 Schwinn Twinn Deluxe Tandem

I am not going to motorize it yet.

Seller Photos, lot of rust on the chrome

After polishing it up, she is taking shape (have a lot of S.A. items on the way, a.k.a. Schwinn Approved) and will add more photos as they arrive and I attach them.

I am not certain what kind of motorization would be best (leaning towards an electric hub up front, unless somehow I can get a good motor up there - GEBE?). I have a vintage S.A. folding double rack coming for the rear (hoping the rear generator will not be in the way), as well as a deluxe touring bag for the captain's seat, and a larger bag for the stoker seat to hold tools and such, and a rear reflector - seems these things are known to get broken off via garage doors and such.

Feel free to toss in ideas, but keep in mind I have to make it a legal ride. Why motorize a 1973? because it does not need a title (VIN) for a tag! Tis' a joy living in Alabama.

Last edited:
I had a some geek friends that worked at Intel & Microsoft tell me there was no way I could put a ATX motherboard in a microATX case. But I did, and looked killer. I'm sure someone told the Wright Brothers man can't fly. But they did. It all depends on your skill level and stubbornness.

Back