2010 Felt MP into a(LIMITED SPEED MOTORCYCLE)

Well I finaly Have the Felt MP for my Proto Type that I have been waiting for for nearly two and a half months for it to get here. It is no longer built with aluminum so a Frame tank is out. I will not be proceeding with the build untill after the holidays but the front wheel is off to the bike shop for a drum brake. And if you have not guessed this already this bike will be built with the 4G T Belt Drive that was in my previous videos. Here are a few pic's for now this lighting Kit will not be avalible untill it is proven. Gas powered bicycles are ilegal here in Canada so that is why this Proto Type is going to be a Limited Speed Motorcycle and will be registred licenced and insured. Oh and I forgot the mention This Is My First Build and I will not stop until it is right.

SANY0002[1].jpg

SANY0004[1].jpg

Last edited:
Well this is the part that kills me is I started this project the end of August and spoke with ICBC about the process. They said that I would need a Vin number and compliant lighting and that I would not even need an inspection. But on September 14 2009 they put out that bulletin stateing that unless it came with a manufacturers (CMVSS) they will never inspect the vehicle

Just kind of in awe of this. Reliable, affordable, non gas guzzling transportation is illegal. There has got to be a way to get a vin or cmvss (not really sure what that is) on it. If HD or honda can build and sell street legal motorcycles anyone should be allowed to as long as saftey guide lines are met. This is extremely discouraging, however most people dont like new or different things.

Awesome!

Lol, that's awesome Terry! Right back at them :geek:

Where did you get the honda vin plate from? Did you buy it from someone or do you have a old honda that you snagged it off of? Did you use the honda's registration too or did you simply use the plate so it could be inspected (ie you just had the plate with the vin and you applied for registration using it)?

With it now being a "honda" did you even have to take it to the inspection facility or did you just march into ICBC's office and say "G'day, I'd like to insure my honda..." and no further questions were asked??

How much is insurance for these things anyway (never insured a bike...)?

Hmmm, I just have to get myself one of those Honda MP's :giggle:

Back