$350 or less project bike

Greggl4321

Local time
1:35 PM
I have a rockabiliy boogy from electra, I really like the style. What's a bike I could get cheap and put a motor on it for under 350

Well, the 66 2-stroke motor kits run about $100-120 on eBay and you can pick up a decent bike from Walmart for under $100 that has a similar style. Although, I would pay special attention and pay a little extra for good brakes.

Would that not work? Or would that just ruin a good pedal bicycle? I notice it doesn't exactly have a v frame.

What's a good v frame bicycle that would be easy to mount to. And comfortable to ride. Please help, I really want to get a ride going

no bike is all that easy for a first build - get something with gears and 2 good brakes, work carefully, and read a lot here to avoid most of the noob mistakes

I was looking for a bike to motorize and found a Specialized Rock Hopper on Craigs list. Liked it too much as a bike to put the motor on. LOL! Then found a Huffy Cranbrook and motorized that. People have motorized the weird looking Rockabilly bikes though if you search Google images.

I didn't see any motorized rockabiliy boogies.

Why do you say they look weird? They look cool

Ok, if you like the look, great! The point is you could motorize it and it has been done but consider as I did that once you do, you'll never really want to pedal it anymore with that heavy internal cumbustion engine on it. It becomes a different beast altogether. I bought my Cranbrook for $40 on Craigslist. I happen to think the cruiser bikes looks kind of "cool" in a *** sort of way. I like the bare bones looks and simplicity of it. If I was to do it again I might look for a deal on a decent mountain bike with front suspension and V brakes. But then you have the complicated deuraillers and brakes to deal with as well as the motor power to keep adjusted and tuned. I went for the simplicity this time.

Back