38cc 4stroke rc muffler

Mainer40

Local time
12:07 PM
Does anyone know if this muffler will fit a h.s 38cc 4stroke honda clone it is originally for rc planes it looks like it would

Attachments

• 122318_high.jpg
    122318_high.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 76
Does anyone know if this muffler will fit a h.s 38cc 4stroke honda clone it is originally for rc planes it looks like it would
Is that a true 38cc 4 stroke muffler for use with a 4 stroke? Or is that kit for the 2stroke muffler kit for a zenoah engine?

Hobby king.38cc 4stroke muffler is what the website says.hobby king says it will work and sent me some customer reviews on horsepower gain in the high r.p.ms and I did see a video on YouTube of the muffler on a rc plane the motor didnt look 2 stroke..the muffler that it came with looks like a clone of a poulin wild thing 2 stroke chain saw motor I have 2 2006 saws and compared them there nearly identical

Hobby king.38cc 4stroke muffler is what the website says.hobby king says it will work and sent me some customer reviews on horsepower gain in the high r.p.ms and I did see a video on YouTube of the muffler on a rc plane the motor didnt look 2 stroke..the muffler that it came with looks like a clone of a poulin wild thing 2 stroke chain saw motor I have 2 2006 saws and compared them there nearly identical
I built my own for my gx35 honda, but that muffler you found is cool & would have saved me a bunch of time. What's cost on that muffler setup?

There's one I seen online looks like a old 40s bomb the ones they would use for land speed cars on the Bonneville Salt flats the one in the thread is 30$ I figured id try it out

If I could see whats on the inside of the pipe and had the port outlet I could probably make my own.someone on another site said small 4 strokes only need a small amount of back pressure so some companies such as H.S will put 2 stroke mufflers on there motors witch in resulting to bad idles and top end power. less airflow but the baffles do quite them down I'm probably going to just port it out like I would a chainsaw?

If I could see whats on the inside of the pipe and had the port outlet I could probably make my own.someone on another site said small 4 strokes only need a small amount of back pressure so some companies such as H.S will put 2 stroke mufflers on there motors witch in resulting to bad idles and top end power. less airflow but the baffles do quite them down I'm probably going to just port it out like I would a chainsaw?
Yeah when I built my honda gx35 exhaust, I put 2 90° bends in it to help on back pressure. Then I made the muffler chamber where I could pack it with stainless steel wool. With no packing in my muffler i gain 2mph, but low end torque suffers a bunch. Hopefully that muffler chamber comes apart & you can replace the packing on the kit your looking at.

Back