4 stroke Propane ??????????????????

Awhile back, SEARS offered a trimmer that ran on propane, used disposable ' torch ' cylinders . I liked the concept, but never bought one, due to not needing a third trimmer . Seems to me that a lot of the gizmology would be already done, and the displacement of a trimmer would equal some small 4 strokes . Cripes, a smooth throttle, easy starting, long engine life, never clean another carb [ at least not on the bike ] and all the brain busting done for you . Would like to see more done, wasn't the whole idea [ in Massachusetts ] to explore alternative methods of transportation, with cleaner air being a spin off benefit ? In my senile old opinion, all the green movement did was make red tape .

They are HuaSheng mini 4-strokes I think. Few threads about them floating around on here. Possibly the propane setup can be pulled off a broken unit and attached to a Honda GX, so its worth looking out for broken ones in the states although i'm confident there are none around this side of the pond.

I used to be a fan of the 'green movement' for a while but I'm well over that now that it's been repurposed into a tool for big business and government to extract more money from ordinary people.

I've seen a few of them when I first got into this, the write off for me was the range (again), the added weight, and not being able to fill on the road.I wanted electric to be my thing, as soon as I saw one pic of a blown lithium batt that was being delivered (never attached to anything) by UPS I put that thought out of my head.The plus side to LP gas, long life in the canister.

I've seen a few of them when I first got into this, the write off for me was the range (again), the added weight, and not being able to fill on the road.I wanted electric to be my thing, as soon as I saw one pic of a blown lithium batt that was being delivered (never attached to anything) by UPS I put that thought out of my head.The plus side to LP gas, long life in the canister.

It would be nice to have a dual fuel option though. Horse a few cans of propane into the rucksack for a long journey. Also if the tax on petrol goes up much more around here it could turn out more economical

Have an ould video of the GX120 running off butane here
[video]http://86.43.88.90/video/27032013.mp4[/video]

Back