49cc best belt trans

4strokebloke

Local time
1:14 AM
$110 around total, Ebay belt trans https://www.ebay.com/itm/134000564821 Over 100 sold, reviews look good, idk if bots. Seller told me it has a freewheel.
$200 around for Grubee https://www.grubee.net/collections/4-stoke-bike-engine-items One of his trans says 30MPH max, idk why he would say that.. Feel like if ima dish out over 200 might as well go big over 300 with the shift kit one.

Any others? Anyone know about the ebay one? Also why I dont see much folks jackshafting?

Is there a way to visually determine if HS shaft is tapered or straight? I heard one of them got a hole in the end? ViperSnakeMan told me how to do the wrench tape trick ima try soon..

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
$110 around total, Ebay belt trans https://www.ebay.com/itm/134000564821 Over 100 sold, reviews look good, idk if bots. Seller told me it has a freewheel.
$200 around for Grubee https://www.grubee.net/collections/4-stoke-bike-engine-items One of his trans says 30MPH max, idk why he would say that.. Feel like if ima dish out over 200 might as well go big over 300 with the shift kit one.

Any others? Anyone know about the ebay one? Also why I dont see much folks jackshafting?

Is there a way to visually determine if HS shaft is tapered or straight? I heard one of them got a hole in the end? ViperSnakeMan told me how to do the wrench tape trick ima try soon..
Really 300 mph????lol. The reason Don said 30 mph is because that's about all 1.6 horse power (H142 engine) is going to propel the average person on level ground.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Simple, the tapered shaft is short and has clutch shoes mounted to it and the bolt pattern fits 76mm shoe 78mm bell if the shaft sticks out and looks straight with no taper you know its either a 5/8 or the 15mm those use bushings which is a terrible design. Most ebay 49cc use a chain driven transmission then there's the belt drive bushing ones. I'd opt for the belt drive tapered shaft motor.

MOTOR SPECS:

1. Engine Type: Air-cooled 4-Stroke OHV Single Cylinder
  2. Max Power(kw/r/min): 1.5 KW / 2 HP / 6800
You can't go by what someone tells you who's trying to sell you something. When it comes to engines if possible download the owner's manual or at least go to their actual website.

This is straight out of the Huasheng owner's manual.

Ⅲ.TECHNICAL DATA
Model 142F | 144F
Type 4-stoke, over head valve, 1 cylinder
Displacement 49cm 3 | 53.2 cm 3
Bore×Stroke 41.8×35.8mm | 43.5×35.8mm
Max .output 1.2kW /6800rpm | 1.5kW /6800rpm
Max. torque 2.0Nm /4500rpm | 2.5Nm /4500rpm
Fuel consumption 480g/kWh
Cooling system Forced air
Ignition system Transistor magneto
Length×Width×Height 274×225×355mm
Net weight 5.5 kg
PTO shaft rotation Counter clockwise

The 1.5 kw (2 hp) is for the 53cc 144. The 49cc 142 is 1.2kw (1.6 hp).

The 1.5 kw (2 hp) is for the 53cc 144. The 49cc 142 is 1.2kw (1.6 hp).
Getmotorized.ca actually says 1.88hp and gasbike says 2.5hp I highly doubt it's 1.6hp do you mean the subaru or a gx35? I know for sure the huasheng has more hp than a 35cc. I got 28mph out of the subaru and 34-35 out of a 142f clone before we start talking about gear ratios and top speeds let's compare the 142 to its parent engine the gxh50
1.6 kW ( 2.1 HP ) / 7000 rpm so maybe you really mean 1.6kw instead of horsepower. The gxh uses a mechanical instead of electronic governor but it's essentially the same engine. Anyone else want to chime in about these horsepower ratings? The gx50 is also rated at 2hp but it is 47.9 cc even smaller than the 49.4cc

Simple, the tapered shaft is short and has clutch shoes mounted to it and the bolt pattern fits 76mm shoe 78mm bell if the shaft sticks out and looks straight with no taper you know its either a 5/8 or the 15mm those use bushings which is a terrible design. Most ebay 49cc use a chain driven transmission then there's the belt drive bushing ones. I'd opt for the belt drive tapered shaft motor.
What do you mean by 76mm shoe and 78mm bell?
Also Are there any springs or anything I should be careful with when taking off the trans to look?

What do you mean by 76mm shoe and 78mm bell?
Also Are there any springs or anything I should be careful with when taking off the trans to look?
The diameter of the shoes should be 76mm and the bell is 78mm its a common size that many weed wackers use here is what a tapered shaft with clutch attached looks like picture is from @GodMan

Attachments

• 20240323_205426.jpg
    20240323_205426.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 12
Getmotorized.ca actually says 1.88hp and gasbike says 2.5hp I highly doubt it's 1.6hp do you mean the subaru or a gx35? I know for sure the huasheng has more hp than a 35cc. I got 28mph out of the subaru and 34-35 out of a 142f clone before we start talking about gear ratios and top speeds let's compare the 142 to its parent engine the gxh50
1.6 kW ( 2.1 HP ) / 7000 rpm so maybe you really mean 1.6kw instead of horsepower. The gxh uses a mechanical instead of electronic governor but it's essentially the same engine. Anyone else want to chime in about these horsepower ratings? The gx50 is also rated at 2hp but it is 47.9 cc even smaller than the 49.4cc
I just gave you what's in the Huasheng's owner's manual from page 6. It's up to you who you want to believe; the Huasheng company or a separate company trying to sell you an engine.

Back