49mm steel sleeve carnage!

MechMike219

Local time
8:03 PM
Well.. it was running good.. all the way up until... this happend.. i was riding home early this morning. about half throttle, i dont really trust my trashpile rear wheel with ragjoint setup.. but anyway, all was good until it just shutoff. no indication of a problem, just died. i carry some tools with me always, like enough to rebuild the entire bike. its less than you think. so im stopped, like 3am so its dark. only place with light is a local ustore-it, thankfully. check spark, got plenty. fuel? i did have some trash in the bowl so i tore the carb apart and rinsed it with gas from the tank. rode about 10 feet and nada.. oddly i decided to pick up the rear and kick start it to check the clutch tension, barely felt compression but it started. so i grabbed the clutch and proceeded on down the road. thats when i noticed the difference. huge lack of power down low. midrange was almost normal, but no topend either. i basically forced this thing thru about 8 miles of run it till it dies to get home this morning. long story short, this is what i found just after my hour of no go and another 30 minutes forced against its own will to die piecefully.. no.. it will rest in pieces. lol

Attachments

• 20230201_063818.jpg
    20230201_063818.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20230201_064014.jpg
    20230201_064014.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20230201_071525.jpg
    20230201_071525.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20230201_072135.jpg
    20230201_072135.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 108
lolol... new years eve was its first ride.. so a month... no a little more than that.. i think i rode it twice but had issues both times. cdi failure and the bearing i whacked too hard beating the seal in.. but officially new years eve it was the beginning of its end

lolol... new years eve was its first ride.. so a month... no a little more than that.. i think i rode it twice but had issues both times. cdi failure and the bearing i whacked too hard beating the seal in.. but officially new years eve it was the beginning of its end
Doesn't really make for a Happy New Year, does it ??? :poop: :(

That stinks. I say the cylinder is just telling you it wants to be an open transfer experiment. Cut them out, install some steel rings, and see what what happens.

That stinks. I say the cylinder is just telling you it wants to be an open transfer experiment. Cut them out, install some steel rings, and see what what happens.
you might be on to something there... ill keep that in mind. ill have to order a new piston too obviously but, thats actually not a bad idea.

Damn. That sucks. Was there any warranty on it?
no, it was just the $40 cylinder and piston kit from ebay... and no i havent put my old G4 back on yet.. been too busy working on some other things around the house. ill probably slap it back together later tonight or tomorrow morning. gotta pull the bottom end off the bike and clean it out first. i still havent seen exactly where the 2 bigger chunks of metal i found came from. maybe now ill look into a better way to attach my air filter because thats probably how it got in there to begin with

Back