49mm steel sleeved trash...

They were 47mm. I ended up getting 2 GT6 pro race instead of one. I didn't ask questions when the 2nd motor was delivered about 3 days later..

Lmao 1 of my cdh 49mm cylinders was soo tight you couldn't even push the piston thru the cylinder without rings, I've honed that cylinder to fix its piston to cylinder wall clearance.

Lmao 1 of my cdh 49mm cylinders was soo tight you couldn't even push the piston thru the cylinder without rings, I've honed that cylinder to fix its piston to cylinder wall clearance.
Damn. That bad? I guess I've just been super lucky cuz I read a lot of posts about this being wrong and so on.. honestly this is the first cylinder I've actually had to work just to get it running. And I went thru everything else before I decided to cut the openings. Tried different heads, cut up a pipe a few times, 3 different carbs, 3 magneto's and a cdi coil, then out came the Dremel for about 8 minutes. It idles great.. kinda slow getting off, mid range isn't bad but has no balls up top. It actually went slower down a hill 🤣

Damn. That bad? I guess I've just been super lucky cuz I read a lot of posts about this being wrong and so on.. honestly this is the first cylinder I've actually had to work just to get it running. And I went thru everything else before I decided to cut the openings. Tried different heads, cut up a pipe a few times, 3 different carbs, 3 magneto's and a cdi coil, then out came the Dremel for about 8 minutes. It idles great.. kinda slow getting off, mid range isn't bad but has no balls up top. It actually went slower down a hill 🤣
Wonder if cdh cylinders went to 💩, I havent bought any in a while. I bought 5 engines & 3 cylinder kits when they 1st came out. All them have been good, except that 1 cylinder that had a super tight piston to cylinder wall clearance. Lmfao you could of ran that cylinder without rings it was soo tight.

Wonder how fast it would go off a cliff?

UPDATE TIME!!! its still running.. and strong too! Screenshot brought to you by: left hand, the right one was busy
20230107_232235.jpg

Haven’t seen an open transfer 49mm iron sleeve before, that’s cool. I’m glad you got yours all figured out and that it’s still running strong.

I am unfortunately stuck trying to get mine running.I got it started kind of and it ran for about a block before the chain came off and tore a spike right through the rim. The bike is back together but the engine starts and dies unless I rev it, but even then it will die eventually. Then after it warms up it barely starts at all.

I have heard a few cases of the 49mm iron sleeve and 110cc? (Maybe 100cc I can’t recall off the top of my head) either ran like crap or not at all without some port work.
It seems there are a lot more of them working though so hoping that’s not the case with mine.
I wanted to run it stock to see how it was then experiment and do some porting in stages from very mild to somewhat more aggressive but not too much.
I’ll get it figured out… eventually.

Haven’t seen an open transfer 49mm iron sleeve before, that’s cool. I’m glad you got yours all figured out and that it’s still running strong.

I am unfortunately stuck trying to get mine running.I got it started kind of and it ran for about a block before the chain came off and tore a spike right through the rim. The bike is back together but the engine starts and dies unless I rev it, but even then it will die eventually. Then after it warms up it barely starts at all.

I have heard a few cases of the 49mm iron sleeve and 110cc? (Maybe 100cc I can’t recall off the top of my head) either ran like crap or not at all without some port work.
It seems there are a lot more of them working though so hoping that’s not the case with mine.
I wanted to run it stock to see how it was then experiment and do some porting in stages from very mild to somewhat more aggressive but not too much.
I’ll get it figured out… eventually.
mainly clean the casting trash around the ports, cut the transfer openings up to match the tops of the ports and bevel all the port opening to help keep the rings from snagging and they work just fine. i just beat the hell out of everything. thats why i cant have nice things. but i have a lot of fun in the process.

Back