66cc Skyhawk idling high

Apachekid

Local time
1:22 PM
I got 66cc with xpansion chamber. Been running perfect since I got it broken in last month.Been running 32-35mph in half mile runs to work (about 4 miles) and back every day, then slow down for the rest of time. Last couple days developed an air leak somewhere. Idles very high when I first start it and take off the choke. Have stock crappy intake gasket which I resealed with Permartex. have O-ring on carb intake, looks ok. Checked carb cap on top, no O-ring but never had one. Replaced head plate gasket, checked gearbox gasket, checked magnito cover gasket. Took apart carb cleaned it up, checked throttle slide and throttle cable run - all look ok. WHERE is my air leak????? Idle just keeps running up, Anyone got any ideas??:cry:

I would recommend getting a can of starting fluid or something close and spraying it where you think the air leak may be. If you hear the idle change then thats probably where it is. make sure your not letting the over spray get into the filter cuz that will cause a change in idle also.

66cc Skyhawk

Thanks for the tip to Col.Hep. I got rid of air leak with another intake gasket cut out or cereal box. Those crappy gaskets that come with kit dont cut it. I only got 10 or 11 tanks before it dissolved.......

Not sure where you got it or if that dist. had the same problems we did with our last batch but the did not use the crankcase gasket and used form-a-gasket and they leak between the two halves do you see green or red between them or do you see gray silicone?

I got a crankcase gasket on my engine, no red or green. dont know if they used gasket seal or not, but there is a gasket of some kind. Engine made in 09 at Yuandong gas engine factory in China...66cc Gt5 Skyhawk. Been real happy with power after my xpansion chamber install. No problems until this crappy intake gasket.

Im at a loss only thing I can think of is CC gasket or put the old pipe on and see how she acts. Or like they suggested spray some carb cleaner around.

Back