About me/ Avenger 85 questions

Local time
3:32 AM
Hello, I'm a fairly experienced builder. I live in Michigan. I'm 17, and I got my first taxes I have to do in a week lol.

I've had 3 builds in the past, my first was the motoos one piece cylinder/ jug engine, which really disappointed me when the piston broke in pieces and wrecked the whole cylinder.

I had taken that bike apart, painted it black, came up with a custom mount that fit the square down tube of the bike. It had a 36 tooth sprocket, no air filter, no exhaust cap, and it went about 41 mph.

My second build I sold, the third build I sold, but this fourth build will be my personal build that I will use to get to work about 3 miles away. I'll also use it to get around campus of SC4, where I will be learning welding.

I want to run a site in the future with reliable custom engines, CNC, and welded components, all made in the USA.

I need a relatively reliable means of transportation, but 2 stroke bikes are my hobby and that's how I want to get around. I know quality chinesium engines (that was sarcasm) are not the best, but hey, that's my hobby.

Anyways, was looking to get the Avenger 85, was going to get menace 85 when it came out but that's simply out of my price range. I saw in a video from grendel's garage the squish gap of it was too high, so you needed 2 base gaskets apparently, but then the piston ring pin was getting caught on the intake?

I saw another post from a forum member mony0_3 that showed a failure. Should I buy the kit or stick with the stock one and modify it? Has anyone have any experience with it? All help would be appreciated, thanks. Also, sorry for the long post. If you want to know more about me or my build, just ask :)

Firefox_Screenshot_2024-01-26T14-49-53.281Z.png
20231226_084431[1].jpg

How long does the v3 last? Ring snag issues?
They fixed that issue with the V-3...Just be sure that you do not hesitate to ask questions all along the way in building it, how to maintain it, how to ride it during it's 310 mile breakin period, etc. etc.

All of this will play into just how long you will get it to last.

I presently have a V-2 I am riding for 3,000 miles now and doing well.

I also bought the new V-3 that I am now building so I can just swap out motors when I need to work on one or the other for future.

For sure, although I'm very mechanically inclined I am by no means a know-it-all, I always like to get a second opinion. I didn't know it was that reliable. Definitely going to get one if I have the money. If not, I'll probably go with this: Thoughts?

Firefox_Screenshot_2024-01-26T16-57-46.800Z.png

I'll probably go with this: Thoughts?
You asked for it...lol...lol.
There will be no warranty, as even though it's Ebay, it is actually California Motor Bikes that has that Ebay site...He does not offer a warranty and based on a few members on this forum, he has been of little help when things go wrong or come defective or damaged.

You also have to agree to his rules and regulations in order to buy from him which I have never seen any other vendor do like this.

Did you notice he actually has a box in that Ebay advertisement where you have to type in "YES" before he will sell it to you???

Not sure what his "Terms & Conditions" are for the "Privilege" of being able to buy from him???...He is also a one man operation...Have a read and then let me know if you have ever seen such a thing in your life to just buy a motor kit...lol...This agreement makes it a totally sure thing that he can "wash his hands" of you after he has your money.

I've already told you where I buy from, bicycle-engjines.com where you can buy their Zeda and Zeda Phantom motors from, and all of their motor kits in their entirety come with a full six month warranty that they do honour...That in itself makes it worth the money you spend in my opinion.

And you don't have to sign away all of your rights as a consumer/buyer to buy anything from them either...lol...Just saying...lol.

Not sure what his "Terms & Conditions" are for the "Privilege" of being able to buy from him???...He is also a one man operation...Have a read and then let me know if you have ever seen such a thing in your life to just buy a motor kit...lol...This agreement makes it a totally sure thing that he can "wash his hands" of you after he has your money.
Yea I guess I didn't think about that. Your rights as in the warranty makes it worth it. I haven't bought from them before just because I didn't have the money, but this time around I probably will go for that. Thanks for pointing that out to me! May have saved me money in the long run... Whatever money I have I will go for a bicycle engines kit, whether that be the phantom or the silver slant... and port myself.

Whatever money I have I will go for a bicycle engines kit, whether that be the phantom or the silver slant... and port myself.
I always just call them in person at (406) 586-5970 up in Bozeman, Montana and order things over the phone and I can ask any questions I need to at that time as well...They are very accomodating.

Back