Engine Trouble Acceleration without Throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine was lined with some kind of kerosene or something. I think the engine was already used even though I pay full price for a new one. The guy I got the engine from said that he had a guy mount a nos kit to his bike and ruin his engine. I think he sold me the head of that engine to me with the rest of the kit. I guess the engine still had some of the nos stuff on the inside because it's running fine now. I guess it had to "burn off" or something? not sure. The gasket was fine, the head bolts were all tightened like they should be. Nothing wrong with the carburetor because I took my throttle cable, throttle, and carburetor off my bike and switched it out- still had the problem. So i put all the original parts on the bike and eventually the engine settled down. Soo yeah. Thanks for all your help with it though. Thanks for all the responses.

agreed. 100%.

not only are there legal implications, theres proficiency.

unfortunately, you will have customers asking exactly what you are asking right now.

you will have to know whats wrong, and how to fix it. so, sorry. no advice from me. i know whats wrong too ;)

if you get a phonecall "my bikes not going", will you be able to sort it out for them and have it running in 5 mins over the phone?

legally, do you have ANY qualifications, either as a small engine mechanic, or as an engineer?

you have only made a few. wait until you have fifty or so done. even then, there will be bugs with almost every build, unless every one is the same frame, same engine, same same same. bit generic?

can you relace a wheel with HD spokes? machine a bush or hub to fit a sprocket? lay a good, solid bead with a tig, oxy torch, or braze?

i know the idea of putting an engine on a pushy is great, but unfortunately these things need to be assembled correctly, especially if your reputation depends on how well they hold up and how well you can repair them when necessary.

if someone is crippled, injured or even dies.... its your fault. thats what the courts will say. what will you say?

sorry :( im not dissing you or saying its impossible!

theres just a few things that need considering first.

other than builds for a select privileged few, i dont build bikes for other people. too many headaches!

I say the same thing anyone else would say. That's like trying to sue Honda for crashing one of their cars off of the lot. It's not the dealers fault for the stupid things the drivers do with cars. Same with trying to sue Harley just because some donkus decides to go off a ramp.

I've had engineering experience working in foundries for a few years. I know a bit about engines these ones are simple enough. I know how to weld, solder, etc. Thanks for the tips and heads up. I figured if people signed a form with a witness that it would hold up in court (plus my previous argument). I wanted to ask a legal advisor if a signed form basically saying that I'm not responsible for whatever the customer does on the bike and to have a witness sign as well (if doing all that would hold up in court or not).

I have thought a lot about it. Thanks for your concerns, definitely gave me a few more things to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back