Air cleaner for original Whizzer

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by BlueWhizzer, May 24, 2013.

1. BlueWhizzer

BlueWhizzer Member

i just rebuilt my Whizzer H motor and now realize how much the cylindrical shaped air cleaner restricts the air coming into the engine. i went to wal-mart a few days back (to get fishing license) and looked at some paper oil filters they had that looked like they would work well but, i didn't have dimensions with me to get the right size...

So, i thought instead of re-inventing the wheel i would ask here before i made one fit. What are people using?

2. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Awhile back jbcrusin posted site had some for the Cushman's that you can use for Whizzers, there between items 31 to 50 in the Cushman parts.

3. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

I don't have air filters on any of my bikes. Without the air filter you can run richer. More air flow.
  4. BlueWhizzer

BlueWhizzer Member

Thanks Ray i'll take a look.

You are probably right Jay, for the few times i take it on a dirt road...i probably could just run it without a filter.
  5. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

The other option is to use a mikuni carburetor, then you can use the newer type air filter.

Attached Files: