Another NY mechanic who digs this MB thing.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by, Jan 23, 2015.

1. I'm from Buffalo and have been playing around with an old beat and dented Schwinn that I built a year back. After reading a bunch and making mistakes on the first bike. I bought a decent 26" beach cruiser and I'm putting together a laundry list of parts and options. I can't think of it as transportation till NYS DMV change their books on "limited use" motorcycles, or as the NYS DMV calls them "motor assisted bicycles". For now it's a pet project, a novelty to keep me busy on a weekend. I've got mechanical & welding chops with a working knowledge of electronics and access to a friend's machinist skills. Advice, solutions, parts reference, links for sources and bad jokes are always welcome.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. PM the "Professor". He has a good handle on the New York laws for motorbikes and Mopeds.
  3. Thanks,

I've been following his posts, we're fairly piped in NYS unless you work some magic with a vin# tag.

I've got a few guys who have done super low buck builds just to run them on private property. I'd like to find more of us to use a private lot, if nothing else but to ride a oval track. Till enough people write the DMV and get some kind of improvement on our situation. I'd just give up and ride a motorcycle if they weren't just so damn fun and affordable.
  4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

We can dig that man, welcome to the MAB pad! Site is groovy and fuzzy man.