Anyone else grab a phatmoto rover before sale ended for 499.00 any info good bad ugly

Awesome! Im not a fan of yellow but it looks pretty good...I'd flip that muffler so it points toward the back. I had a minibike with a 105cc on it and the muffler pointed toward the front and when I'd ride it my leg would smell like exhaust afterwards and stink.
I'm going to get the Phat-header,,,maybe. I don't know yet. The exhaust is definitely on my soon to do list. A headlight as well. Going any faster than 15 mph ( I'm cruising along at about 30 usually), and at night obstacles appear quickly at your front tire. Thanx for the suggestion.

Woah, when did you order it? they are $599 now.

I have a 24' A/T and I really like the frame itself, the engine needs more pep for the 44t (I didn't even order that upgrade) if you are a big 300lbs person like me.
It was ordered 2 weeks ago. The site still has it up for 499.00. The older model.

I seen on YouTube this guy removing the governor from I believe the crankcase. It's not just the carb, but something internal as well? I don't want my bike governed at all. What all has to be done?,,anybody with some help I'd appreciate it.

Awesome! Im not a fan of yellow but it looks pretty good...I'd flip that muffler so it points toward the back. I had a minibike with a 105cc on it and the muffler pointed toward the front and when I'd ride it my leg would smell like exhaust afterwards and stink.
I just flip the muffler around and there isn't anything else to it, just flip it?

I seen on YouTube this guy removing the governor from I believe the crankcase. It's not just the carb, but something internal as well? I don't want my bike governed at all. What all has to be done?,,anybody with some help I'd appreciate it.
The governer is internal to the motor, it's a little arm that gets pushed by a weighted wheel spun off the cam (usually) and when a predetermined RPM is reached the arm gets pushed to reduce the throttle.

Bypassing it on that lifan engine is not recommended. They are well known to evict the connecting rod when spun too fast.

The governer is internal to the motor, it's a little arm that gets pushed by a weighted wheel spun off the cam (usually) and when a predetermined RPM is reached the arm gets pushed to reduce the throttle.

Bypassing it on that lifan engine is not recommended. They are well known to evict the connecting rod when spun too fast.
They are shipping these with the governor's bypassed- wire on the arm.

I was actually a little shocked to see that.

Problem with no governor is you don't know how many RPM's it will turn before it starts throwing parts, which is bad when it's sitting between your legs.

I would adjust the governor so you can get a little more rpm but still have it limited.

Just finished up my first paid build for an elderly gentleman living near by, this along with selling off my backup bike gave me the funds to start my next project, while scouring the web, I came across the phatmoto site and there weekend sale i guess of the 2023 stock anyways was able to grab an 79,cc phatmoto rover plain jane for 5 hundred bucks.

To be honest with you guys I seen the sale ends countdown closing out and jumped before i had done too much research, needless to say next day I was right back at it though the option for any remaining yellow colored rides was soon gone.

Now I love my Kent Bayside YD-100 especially after adding my mag rims, Husqvarna headlight assembly and Harley Sportster controls and throttle along with several other ongoing additions, but really was wanting to do a gas frame bike so enter the Rover.

Sadly though it dosn't ship out till the 17th this month so still got a bit of time to finish up my current upgrades but is there any issues i should be aware of with the Rovers.
Sadly my Rover shipped with a bad jackshaft. I was able to save it by sizing to fit using a drill and emery cloth. The bearings in jackshaft were installed crooked. The engines ship with no engine oil, don't forget. Also, some of the Rovers ship with no grease in the wheel bearings. My friend purchased a Rover, his had no jackshaft issues and had wheel bearing grease. Always check first before riding. I love my phatmoto after doing the governor delete and carb mod.

Back