Anyone interested in racing their bike?

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by Easy Rider, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

Just checking to see if anyone in the Bay Area would be interested in racing. On January 27, 2008 we will have a small local race (with trophies) in San Jose, Ca. I'm trying to get at least 4 or more people to race, so we can create a class. Would anyone be interested? At these races there will be moped, pocketbikes, scooters and karts races.

2. Racing would definitely be fun!.....If I was on the west coast I would but I am waaaayyyy
    on the east coast so unfortunately wouldn't be able able to make it....I would however be interested in seeing videos if you get enough people to race with....Good luck and be safe
    Happy Holidays
  3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

If it does happen I'll find someone to take the video. It will be pretty safe because its a close course with only 1 or 2 hairpins. There are a few of us guys that are interested but like anything else..."The more the merrier!"
  4. reddbak

reddbak Guest

Yep, would be a ripper time on motoreds! I got buckley's joining the fun from down-under so it'll be out with TT and the PS2. lol
  5. connoisseur

connoisseur Guest

im in san jose ca. what kind of bike do u ride?
  6. w31john

w31john Member

there are a few of us we ride mountain bikes, cruzers, choppers, any thing with a motor in it.
  7. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

Nice to meet you Connoisseur, I ride a beach cruiser w/ a stock motor. I'm putting a front shock on. (That bar vibration after 30 miles of riding numbs the living daylights out of my hands)
    The race will be at the employee parking lot for the HP Pavilion.
    Here's the address:

HP Pavilion Employee Parking Lot
    100 W Autumn St
    San Jose, CA

Hope you can make it
  8. connoisseur

connoisseur Guest

Has the sjpd given you a ticket for ridding? and do you have photos of your bikes?
  9. w31john

w31john Member
    these are my bikes. we ride downtown San Jose and Santa Cruz all the time and never got stopped
  10. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

We ride on the trials and street of downtown S.J. and we haven't been stopped. We did however been asked to kill the engines and pedal when we were on the Guadalupe Parkway Trial.
  11. Did someone say "Racing"?

Hi Guys, I will see what kinda schedual I have I would like to bring out my 09, tho it is better suited to big track, not necessarily hairpins. I dunno if I can get wifey to ride that way, but we can try.

Here is my bike, wifey rides a basicly stock 2005 24" Saffire blue Whizzer.

Here is my bike, tho I've added a few things since

Attached Files:

12. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

Whoaaa! That is one sharp looking bike! Thanks for sharing it. As for the race track. It's the same one the Mopeds, Pit bikes, pocket bikes and scooter will be racing on. It's a fairly easy track to race on. I'll be running a stock motor.;)
  13. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  14. kerf

kerf Guest

What a "made for TV" media event.
  15. San Jose bike racing still on?

Hi EZr! Is tomorrow's get-together still on? There might be rain, but it's not projected to be flood stage here in the South Bay. What time?

I have a GEBE 35cc with a NEW BELT that should last through at least a few jackrabbit starts! I threw together a rear wheel with 12g spokes on the drive ring side and 14g spokes on the other side. We'll see if that holds up! Otherwise, I will be walking home :grin:
  16. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

THANK YOU!! I've been planning an event like this as well.

I saw this picture

and it just REALLY made me want to build a dirt tracker and race these.

I got a friend who is already purchasing the motor and installing to build a bike like the one in the pic. He loves it. We are just looking for a good place to race.

I will be purchasing my engine after I pay to fix my harley, which has been in the shop for 3 weeks...

anyone else interested in dirt-track racing?? I'm in rosemead, CA 15 minutes from LA. once the bikes are built I can strap them to the car and meet you guys anywhere to race.

racing cruiser style bikes on roads doesnt interest me. I have a harley sportster and a Ducati monster, I know speed already
  17. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

The race was cancelled b/c of the heavy rain and winds. I'll let you know when the next race is scheduled.
    Ray , it's great to see someone local. We plan on a San Jose to Alviso or farther ride soon. Would you be interested in joining us?
    As for dirt racing Joseph, if there an event here in Cali. chances are I'll be attending. Over here its hard to find a promoter and place to run such an event.
  18. San Jose to Alviso

Hi EZr, A San Jose to Alviso, or similar ride, sounds good! Due to time constraints, I have not had time to ride the bike in many weeks. This would be a good way to get back into the swing of things.
  19. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Guest

Cool Ray! I'll pm you in advance before we go on our next ride! It will probably be on a Saturday morning...whenever our darn weather clears up!
  20. slump

slump Member