Avenger 85 Log.

I hope you are checking head bolt torque after it has cooled down
Yep, always, same as nitro engines.

I popped the carb off, jet clean and tight, no schmutz in the bowl, but did notice float was at 15mm, I adjusted to 21 and rode again.

Running perfectly again.

I do think a 40 sprocket would be perfect, but don't know if a rotor would clear it.

I managed to get a 38 tooth sprocket to work with my 203mm rear disc brake setup. It's extremely close, like I can measure it with a feeler gauge close. I had to shim my rotor and caliper height a tad to do it.
I have a 40T with a 203 rear disc and it's really close. I had to make an 8 mm adapter plus extra spacers for a total of 10 mm behind the disc mounting flange to move the sprocket towards the wheel and shim the disc out until it is about 1/8 from the frame.

Also filed a bit off the bottom of the inboard housing of the caliper for a couple mm more clearance. I am concerned about keeping chain lube out of the caliper. No more chainsaw chain oil on this one. I want to have a plastic shield of some kind between the two but space is a real issue.

I have a 40T with a 203 rear disc and it's really close. I had to make an 8 mm adapter plus extra spacers for a total of 10 mm behind the disc mounting flange to move the sprocket towards the wheel and shim the disc out until it is about 1/8 from the frame.

Also filed a bit off the bottom of the inboard housing of the caliper for a couple mm more clearance. I am concerned about keeping chain lube out of the caliper. No more chainsaw chain oil on this one. I want to have a plastic shield of some kind between the two but space is a real issue.
Almost impossible to keep chainlube out of it, but here is what I do to minimise the problem.

After I have lubed the chain and let things fling around as it will after taking a ride, I then take a bottle of 91% isopropyl alcohol and wipe down the disk with it nice and wet whilst spinning the wheel with the pedals and also make sure to apply a little pressure on the brake lever to also make sure that the pads are also free of any chain lubirication...Works like a charm and only takes a few minutes.

91% percent also dries rapidly.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back