Axel mounted kickstand info.

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by chainmaker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Im looking for a kickstand for my panther whizzer project. I called Memory lane and dont carry one for a shimano hub. I havnt seen one of these stands up close, are they hub specific and can they me modified to fit a shimano? Or can anyone share a link to a good axel mounted stand for pedal starting?

2. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Chainmaker,

The mounting nuts are rquired to make the stand work correctly. It should be possible to re-thread a set to match your axel. Another way is to simply make a sleeve for each side of the axel for the stand to pivot on. In other words, one nut on each side would affix the wheel to the frame, then a sleeve over the axel, and then another nut to hold it all in place.

Contact me if you need more information, and if needed, I might be able to fabricate the sleeves for you.

Have fun,
  3. Mikkojay

Mikkojay New Member

Hey Chainmaker,
    Did you ever come up with a solution for this one? I am in the same boat right now. I tried my best at hacking up a moped center stand, but that ended in dismal failure (I didn't like the geometry and it conflicted with the chain). I am going to try and piece together a rear axle stand of some sort today.
    Thanks, Mike
  4. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

No, no luck I went with a center bent. im going to get one from Quention that he sells for the EZ. I need to cut the current stand mount off it looks like but this bike wont need a factory stand anymore.