Bargain Jets! Maybe not...

Steve Best

Local time
9:05 AM
Got a wonderful buy on jets:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262306688224?ul_noapp=true

5mm Replacement Carburetor Carb Jets # 60 65 70 75 80 For Dellorto SHA PHBG
MXC0199_(2).JPG=450

Good news, they were EXACTLY as described and illustrated.
No size written on the jet!

I can work with this, but be careful of what you ask for...

Steve

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Wow not sure thats a good deal? the local pit/pocket bike shop is five min from my shop they sell dellorto trademarked and size stamped in jets for 5mm its 2 bucks tax in and 2.50 for the 6mm you could get them to mail in envelope cheap tsunami bike is the name they have a website.

Use a wire gauge to check hole sizes, then use an engraver to mark.

Use a wire gauge to check hole sizes, then use an engraver to mark.
the hole sizes aren't necessarily different.

here's a quick drawing of a cross section of a carb jet

wqyz.png

it could be that the section marked in red is longer or shorter rather than the actual diameter changing. it's important to remember that jets aren't marked by size, but rather by flow rate.

Ahhh, you are so very right Butre!

Usually it is diameter however, and since I don't have a wire gauge I'll likely use a needle.
Gauging from how far in the taper it goes I can line them up by size and mark them.

Streetz! They've raised their prices! $4 now, plus shipping, darned it all.
Hard to get good quality cheap these days...

Steve

Really that sucks!I have a good relationship with that shop maybe they are giving me a deal. they send customers my way for installations and problems they cant solve and I go there alot if I need a part for customers who want it yesterday lol.let me know if you need any more i can mail them to you not a big deal.

Back