Official Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Aug 6, 2008.

Please rate your experience w/ Bicycle-Engines: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
  5. 1 - Poor

1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

dougsr.874 likes this.

2. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

i get all my parts from him if you have a 4 stroke Engine kits, parts you will need him hes got time to help you also .and shipping is very fast and fair .and he has been doin this for a long time and not going to mess no one around top notch
  3. Proboscis

Proboscis Guest

Sold me a part that was not on his website. :)
  4. mikaleno

mikaleno Member

Stay away from "" aka "BirddogDistribting"!

Bought a muffler from these guy's, BIG MISTAKE! They shipped the wrong one. I had to prove it with pictures and ship it back, (my expense of course). Was missing half the mounting bracket and the connection nut is now the wrong size, (they were wrong about them all being the same size). What am I going to do keep shipping this stuff back and forth to Montana????

This muffler (Poo Poo Pipe) better fit your bike perfectly because if you try to bend it even a little it will break in half. Now I'm stuck with a $60. piece of junk that wouldn't work even if it wasn't broken. :(

Two emails and two phone calls, no Response no Action no Apologies!

I'll never deal with these arrogant people again!!!!!!!!! Neither should YOU!!!!
  5. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Rear rack mounted tank good quality

I have purchased many things from and have been very satisfied.Just bought a rear rack mounted tank..which is a good setup. The tank and rack are strong but the paint and hardware are a little week like all the the china made stuff.
  6. jg767

jg767 Member

I've ordered parts 4 or 5 times from them. I've always been happy them, even when they goofed on an order but made it right immediately. They are very easy to reach by phone. I recommend highly.
  7. chefdouglas

chefdouglas Member

I ordered a "vintage style tank" what was sent didn't match the picture or size of the one on their site. It was also rusted on the inside, dented and scratched. I called them and sent it back, at my expense. It took 12 days after it arrived back to them for it to be "checked in". During that time phone calls and email where not returned. Finally they said they would refund my money. They did not offer or do anything to make up for the shipping costs incurred due to their mistake. I WOULD NOT ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN
  8. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Just recieved another it in 3 days with a thank you card ! I will say that the service has continued to improve.

9. bideronit13

bideronit13 Member

Purchased several times from them and everytime was an excellent experience.
  10. XenonDream

XenonDream Member

I just received my first purchase from I placed the order on Wednesday, and the parts were in my mail box on Saturday. Upon recepit, I was very satisfied with the expediancy in which my order was handled. My order was appropriately packaged and arrived in good order. I should add that the part I ordered was not in stock locally or at at any other well-known vendors. I guarantee I will be doing business with them again.
  11. rawly old

rawly old Member

engine shown in 2 view pic ad is a short shaft hs, but if you order you'll get
    the long shaft. if thats not what you wanted too bad cuz youll be stuck with
    it. No returns. Don't get shafted like me.
  12. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

My experiences have been at both extremes of the scale: both terribly poor and wonderfully good.

It's taken me 2 years to finally achieve dependable reliability.
    One of the biggest problems being that of developing a reliable engine; had no end of problems with big end failures (seven replacement engines in two years, largely attributed to incorrect ignition timing of the standard CDI) and no end of problems with the drive train mechanism.

As things currently stand my bike is operating as intended and able to cope with difficult conditions.
    The amount of re-engineering required to achieve such reliability has been ridiculous to say the least, with every modification born out of previous failure.

I am always amused when someone (riding a motorised bicycle) makes issue of the plethora of components on my bike, pointing out how it's not necessary.
    Naturally i challenge their view and give an invitation to come on a ride; and not just a 10 minute ride around the block.
    Those that have taken up the challenge never seem to make it more than 2 kilometers before suffering punctures, bent and twisted wheels, chains failing to stay on the sprockets, nuts and bolts falling off and electrical gremlins that can't be fixed by wiggling wires.

Everyone can have good reliability with standard componentry when riding on a bitumen road, but thrown in sharp rocks, sand, river crossings, driving rain, hail, snow and anything else mother nature can throw at you whilst towing a heavily loaded trailer up and down 20% gradients and the game changes quickly.

Finally (after an endless list of improvements) i'm experiencing the "excellent" end of the scale where things rarely seem to go wrong anymore; riding to impressive scenic destinations; well and truly off the beaten track.

Has it been worth all the effort; pain and tears of previous heartache, sometimes being stranded in the middle of nowhere without any clear way of getting home where even the GPS doesn't seem to work - at this point in time i can say 'yes'
  13. rawly old

rawly old Member

having experienced all of the same, I can only say "Not Yet".
  14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Send me a PM Rawly and i'll send you a link detailing a raft of modifications and upgrades for your bike that will give you the same reliability as i currently now have with my bike.

15. rawly old

rawly old Member

Thx Fabian,
    The bike's coming together despite a raft of setbacks and modifications. In fact,
    I should finish up today,(cross yur fingers). The tough part has been building a
    bike that's made to cope with all road and weather conditions, a serious challenge
    where I live. There are a lot of long steep grades here, biblical deluges, and I
    need to pull a small trailer. Add to that the fact I'll be headed into desert terrain
    with sand,dust, and harsh trail conditions. It's not easy building a bike designed
    to hold up anywhere.
  16. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Once again, that is not the fault of the store. This is the fault of the manufacturer and, once again, that's what happens when you buy the cheapest engine kit on the market.

Please people, stop blaming the engine's terrible reliability on the store. That's like buying a Yugo and then blaming the dealership when it dies. You bought the cheapest thing you could find. It's not their fault.

17. rawly old

rawly old Member

I paid for the short shaft HS, I got the long. so I didn't get what I paid for,
    But I've made lemonade with an expensive adapter that required reworking
    my whole blue print. Your right about buyin' cheap from B-E though. With
    them you'll be lucky even to get what you pay for.
  18. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

I've done business with B-E for the last 3 years and always got what I paid for. That's because I read the description of what I was buying so I knew what I was paying for.

Everything I have ordered has been promptly shipped and arrived well-packaged. They've never disappointed me, and I would definitely do business with them again.
  19. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

If you see a car add with a airplane in the back ground do you think you get the airplane to?? Read the description B E is a good company and is getting better with Robert on board.
  20. rawly old

rawly old Member

I read the description,... as far as it went. If the show you an orange
    and send you an apple you dint get what you paid for. Fortunately.
    they've finally changed the picture now to show the actual model for
    sale. so...KMA