Board track racer

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by olddude, May 15, 2008.

1. olddude

olddude Member

this one i built about 3 years ago sold it:confused

Attached Files:

2. ironwarlock

ironwarlock Guest

That is one sweet machine. You sold it? What were you thinking?

3. impression

impression Member

how much did you get for it ?

4. Bigwheel

Bigwheel Member

Old Dude, you are on the right track. Some really inspiring bikes that you have built. Keep it up!

5. Wow

What kind of motor is that? It looks like it may be fast. How do the pedals engage your jackshaft? Looks awesome. Great job. Where did you sell it?

6. olddude

olddude Member

The motor is 8 hp tecumsey you can't pedal this one but with 8 hp there really is no need to. sold it to a collector in virgina

7. MoonKS

MoonKS Member

That is absolutely beautiful.

8. bbeards2

bbeards2 Member

where did you get the frame from or was it custom built?

9. olddude

olddude Member

custom frame

i built the frame tank bars and fork at home in my two car garage simple hand tools nothing fancy

10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Quite a bike old dude. I saw your other one on eBay a while back. Did you ever sell it?

11. olddude

olddude Member

sellit

no it's still for sale. I'm not trying hard to sell it at this time. working on other projects

12. Barret

Barret Guest

OK...THAT is the bike that about started it all for me!!! I can't believe I found the guy who built it! The attached pictures are ones I found online quite a while ago, and could never figure out whose bike it was. I was, and still am, very fascinated by this particular bike, mostly because I fell in love with board track racers, and possibly building one of my own. Yours will still be an inspiration as to what an amazing board track racer would look like today, even if it's a reproduction. Thanks for sharing, olddude, and thanks for your pictures...

Attached Files:

13. Mopedamauter79

Mopedamauter79 New Member

How do you pedal on that thing ?

14. olddude

olddude Member

Pedal????????

You doin't realy have to pedal just twist the throttel and go 50 mph!

15. Mopedamauter79

Mopedamauter79 New Member

I thought I seen pedals on it ?

16. olddude

olddude Member

pedals

yes you can pedal it. need to to back pedal for rear brakes.

17. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

The pedals are only used for brakes and footpegs? Can you apply pressure to the pedals and not apply the brakes?

18. olddude

olddude Member

pedals

lets set it strait. you can pedal this bike if you want its kinda heavy but you could pedal about 1000 feet or so but after that yer gonna wanna fire it up and go. the rear coaster is an elgin type that works well so i do not have to use up the drum. drum works good but keep in mind heavy bike + i weight 200 lb and 50 mph plus it does not stop like my Sport bike!!! and yes you can apply foward pressure to pedals the are not locked
    Andrew

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  19. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sorry, my mistake, I thought we were talking about the red bike that says ACE on the tank.

20. olddude

olddude Member

red bike

yea the red bike i cut the one part crank and welded it back to gether and only had front brakes