Build Finished

I wanted to try and clean up my post from last build so people wouldn't have to go through the entire thread. Here are some final build pics and link to my FB page to see some videos of first ride and sounds..we are looking to start a new build soon but will be a production bike will full suspension and a lot of goodies you guys will like. How to get support when it's done and I will do my best to post pics and videos of that build as well. And if you look me up on facebook my profile is public so there are quite a few pics there and videos..will update more later.https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmark

Attachments

• 20150129_105444.jpg
    20150129_105444.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 472
  • 20150205_094835-1.jpg
    20150205_094835-1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 441
  • FB_IMG_14230073796461432.jpg
    FB_IMG_14230073796461432.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 560
  • Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-52-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-52-34.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 509
Really nice work! I built my first bike from the ground up, but my second is a Ghost 26 from Phantom Bikes out of California. I briefly thought about a Motoped which is amazingly close to your build, but they were hard to find as a kit and they cost more and they looked too much like a trail bike. I wish you lot's of success on your plans! Maybe bike #3 will be like yours. You can see both of my bikes at https://www.youtube.com/user/JimConHam/videos .

Jimmy H.

Really nice work! I built my first bike from the ground up, but my second is a Ghost 26 from Phantom Bikes out of California. I briefly thought about a Motoped which is amazingly close to your build, but they were hard to find as a kit and they cost more and they looked too much like a trail bike. I wish you lot's of success on your plans! Maybe bike #3 will be like yours. You can see both of my bikes at https://www.youtube.com/user/JimConHam/videos .

Jimmy H.

oooh man i can't even tell you how jealous i am. how many cc's and what's your top speed? my 110cc auto 200lb pocket bike does 70km/h, i 'm guessing you might be getting more around 70mph with that? i'm sure it would if you geared it right at least. i've toyed with the idea of a 1??cc bmx with one of these honda e22 clones. obviously it would have to be a totally custom made frame though, no bmx frame would really work at least for my safety. i'm sure i could very well build it into a beast that'll eat groms and cbr125's for breakfast

I hit 48 with this engine but it's geared a little high..if I go down one or two teeth in the rear I could probably hit 60 or so but honestly she runs pretty good at that and the engine still is not broken in so don't know the true top end just yet

this thing definitely wont disappoint when you give it all shes got. i took a peek at the other thread and saw it's a 110 so same as my engines, just better. i'm guessing it's stock right now? i'm guessing your cdi and ignition coil are probably a lot better than what comes with pocketbikes but if your cdi has a rev limiter you can get a blue racing cdi for like $15 on ebay that removes the rev limit and will probably just perform a bit better than stock(seems like it gave my pocket bike a bit more torque and it screams when i get to the point of valve float), i got one for all mine plus a cheap orange hp ignition coil, but i'm sure ssr includes a decent coil so i cant say that ebay one would be better. hope you've got a good speedometer, this is probably going to push the limits of what a bicycle can do. looks very well built but i hope those tires and rims can take it. if everything holds up though this is it, probably the best, fastest, most reliable bicycle there is. i'm sure this could keep up with traffic on anything except some highways and long distances? yeah these things last for tens of thousands of miles. i want one.

Rims are Halo SAS rims..they are pretty stout and the tires are hookworms which a lot of motorized bicycle racers user on the track..they will hold up just fine..I'm not doing any crazy jumping so should be fine. As far as speedo..I use DigiHUB app and its pretty damn accurate which is nice. I have tested against two cars and both are within a couple points of each other..Car reading 50..digiHUB reading 49.5mph...Not worried there. Still need to pass a cop to get that out of the way because I know they are going to ask. Its a 49cc engine by the way ;) I can cruise easily at 35 and went up a 5% grade hill today and she stayed at 35mph no problem. For what it weighs I'm satisfied with speed and the reliability I will get out of it. I was going to sell for $2700 a few days ago to start a new build but not sure yet. I just put on a BlitzPro headlight and still need to test at night to see how bright it is..if its good I will take off the two halogen lights as they will not work with the current setup..Stator isn't powerfull enough by itself to light headlight and rear lights and two halogen lights..If for some reason the Blitzpro could use just a little more I'll add a small battery but will see. Next build is a full suspension bike that will be a production model bike that my partner and myself will be selling. Should be fun..and Timbone..thanks man

Back