Calling the China Girl crankshaft experts

Thanks for the link. To bad I don't have any old pistons around.
Well it would be worth it just to buy a piston for those washers because they fit perfectly on the wrist pin and the aluminum used for the piston is perfect for use under the piston if not you're going to be searching for different materials and sizes for a long time like I did I would just buy another piston and destroy it. Note that I used copper on my first set of washers and it grinded them down till they fell into a bunch of pieces inside my case I think copper is too soft I would look for a good aluminum washer that's about 1/8in thick

I was thinking of just making a couple. In my stash of stuff there is some aluminum flat stock that is the right thickness. Have a newish 7/8 od hole saw and a drill set in 1/64ths so should find one close to 10mm.
Rocket, that is a good thread on the subject.

10mm ID spacers are common, but sometimes ya need a certain width that's not available
Just buy a spacer that's long and cut the width ya need off the end, I've done that many times for other projects with bronze

Custom Bronze bushing/spacer cut to 3.5mm
DSCF7336.JPG

10mm ID spacers are common, but sometimes ya need a certain width that's not available
Just buy a spacer that's long and cut the width ya need off the end, I've done that many times for other projects with bronze

View attachment 201504
This is also what I do as the bronze bushing will last for years without issue!

View attachment 201504
What tooling do you use to cut this and what is the width you started with?

What tooling do you use to cut this and what is the width you started with?
That bushing was 12mm long, Made my own lathe using a drill motor Then used a dremell tool with a thin cut off wheel to cut the bushing to length,
I made an attachment out of straight expansion plug and put that in the bushing to hold it and be able to attach it to a drill motor
Expansion plug has a bolt thru the center when ya tighten the nut it makes the rubber expand Holding the bushing

Basically, I just put the drill in a vice, turned it on and cut the bushing to length using a Dermell tool with a thin cut off wheel
Supporting my hand and tool to cut, Then by hand, rubbed the bushing on sandpaper to finalize the perfect length

Back