Calling the China Girl crankshaft experts

I've seen a couple motorized bicycles that had frame failures of the seat post tube. There must be some serious stresses on that tube. Doh, forgot to buy cigarettes on the way home....back on the bike! Thanks All!
@ M/B speeds the rear of the bike will flex in turns
Side rails on my Whizzer cracked but it didn't happen until after 30k miles, So it's a really good frame
I welded the cracks once but it cracked again by the weld
DSCF7789.JPG
Sometimes reinforcement is needed
DSCF7790.JPG
DSCF7811.JPG

DSCF2742.JPG

So, a serious question. I have a standard CG motor and the wrist pin has a ton of end play and general slop. I got a new wrist pin bearing that fits much better but the slide to side play is huge. So would there be any problem with putting a couple of copper washers on either side of the connecting rod to tighten it up a bit? The washers I have are a nice fit over the wrist pin.

So, a serious question. I have a standard CG motor and the wrist pin has a ton of end play and general slop. I got a new wrist pin bearing that fits much better but the slide to side play is huge. So would there be any problem with putting a couple of copper washers on either side of the connecting rod to tighten it up a bit? The washers I have are a nice fit over the wrist pin.
@Jayraye39 did something similar with his engine.
I'm 99% sure mine didn't have those holes. I got rid of it for nothing 😭
Mine did, but I welded them up. I check the frame regularly for cracks.

Back