Caloi ultra six

Why shouldn't I put the Phantom 85 in that frame?
How much more do you really need to answer that question???

TLDR: It could run friction drive.

The bike currently has cantilevers, swapping to vee brakes would require new brake levers and also make it so most dual pull levers wont work right because the pull ratio is different. Cantis work well but are fiddly to set up so watch some videos or take it to a shop.

Will aluminum catastrophically fail from a china doll? No. Will it eventually cause the welds to crack? Yes. Your milage may vary but I personally don't want the frame to be a wear component.

The phantom is just too much motor for most bikes, especially a modded phantom. You would need a purpose built bike and a closed track to really ride at the limit of that engine. 5 hp stock, 9k redline, damn near 5 ft lbs at 3k.

If you have no love for the frame, you could run a zeda 80 on it for a couple years of good riding problem free, but the frame will be compromised at the end and you will have to check the welds every time your start your ride. I think a Staton friction drive would suit this particular bike better and the low weight helps power go much further.

2hp, geared low on a 50 lb pound build would get to 25mph stupid quick.

A weight weenie build intrigues me, but I already have a motorized bike that's riding very well.

TLDR: It could run friction drive.

The bike currently has cantilevers, swapping to vee brakes would require new brake levers and also make it so most dual pull levers wont work right because the pull ratio is different. Cantis work well but are fiddly to set up so watch some videos or take it to a shop.

Will aluminum catastrophically fail from a china doll? No. Will it eventually cause the welds to crack? Yes. Your milage may vary but I personally don't want the frame to be a wear component.

The phantom is just too much motor for most bikes, especially a modded phantom. You would need a purpose built bike and a closed track to really ride at the limit of that engine. 5 hp stock, 9k redline, damn near 5 ft lbs at 3k.

If you have no love for the frame, you could run a zeda 80 on it for a couple years of good riding problem free, but the frame will be compromised at the end and you will have to check the welds every time your start your ride. I think a Staton friction drive would suit this particular bike better and the low weight helps power go much further.

2hp, geared low on a 50 lb pound build would get to 25mph stupid quick.

A weight weenie build intrigues me, but I already have a motorized bike that's riding very well.
I think I will put a ported china doll 80cc in it. Probably sell it

Back