Can I motorized my 29 inch Midway Schwinn

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jacob 1331, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jacob 1331

Jacob 1331 New Member

The other day I bought a 29 inch Midway black Schwinn from Walmart and was wondering if I was going to have any problems attaching a 49cc motor for a 80cc motor to it since all of the motors I have found online say only 26 to 28 inch bikes

2. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

Should be able to

3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if rear wheel does not have 36 spokes, you will do a LOT of extra work getting a rear sprocket onto it

4. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I've used a wheel that had 32, just left 3 or 4 of the bolts out of the rag joint.... It was fine
    Actually got that bike to do 40mph on a stock motor

5. crassius

I wouldn't recommend leaving out bolts for someone new to these.

6. Jacob 1331

Jacob 1331 New Member

It has exactly 36 spokes

7. Jacob 1331

Jacob 1331 New Member

Will I face any problems with it .... Like will I have to make any specific adjustments?

8. crassius

rare to find any bike that doesn't require a bit of 'fitting', usually at the motor mounts - not a real problem though - everyone here has gotten through it OK

9. Jacob 1331

Jacob 1331 New Member

OK thank you to the information

10. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

there are plenty of 29" motorized bikes on youtube. i am with frankfort mb; you can leave 2-3 bolts out (not on same joint) if needed to fit the ragjoint sprocket onto your wheel.

11. Marine One

Marine One Member

I have a 29" MB and I haven't had any issues with it except the posts are too wide for the motor mounts. But with some local fabrication work it works like a charm.

Attached Files: