Canvas protective cover GEBE engines??

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by sabrewalt, May 21, 2008.

1. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

I may be working on a project that is about 5 miles away on back roads. The parking is outdoors. I am interested in some sort of protective cover for my GEBE RS25 Engine. Does anybody know where one could be purchased. This question could apply TITAN, STATON or GEBE kits.

2. augidog

augidog Banned

i think someone with a knack for sewing could jump right on this one...i completely agree with you about suitable bike covers.

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i think a drawstring bag like a helmet bag would do.

4. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Helmet Bag

Helmet Bag I never thought of that but that IS a pretty good idea. Motor-cicle shop here I come.

Thanks

5. loquin

loquin Active Member

Just make sure it's not an man-made fabric like nylon/rayon/polyester, etc. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the engine to cool down completely before you put the bag over it. (or, suffer melting...)

6. stude13

stude13 Active Member

or thrift shops sometimes have leater draw string purse bags

7. loquin

loquin Active Member

THAT's a thought! Get a draw-string purse, in a real nice floral design... :grin:

8. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

New Man Law

I propose Thou Shalt Not use a wimmins purse to cover thy Motored Bike Engine...... MANLAW!!!!

9. But think of how pretty it would look.

10. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

11. stude13

stude13 Active Member

okokok, sorry about the purse, mia culpa! mitch

12. Peach Loofas in the shower lol!

13. Hive

Hive Guest

Engine Sack Cover

I have used this type of cover as a way to keep over-curious souls from messing with engine, when I am having a few beers.

I just went on to eBay and purchased a bunch of canvas grocery bags, and used one for the engine.

Simple and it seems to work.