Centrifugal clutch burn

robzea

Local time
12:15 PM
Got a 49cc 4 stroke motor put new clutch in it was burnt out in a mile replaced it that one lasted 10 miles 3rd one 3 miles it's a 49cc stock motor kit on a old 10 speed bicycle does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong thank you

Got a 49cc 4 stroke motor put new clutch in it was burnt out in a mile replaced it that one lasted 10 miles 3rd one 3 miles it's a 49cc stock motor kit on a old 10 speed bicycle does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong thank you
Total weight? Hill grade? Total reduction? Clutch pad quality? Problems tend to lay in one or more of these areas.

Maybe the clutch shoes are junk

Order from a different vendor

I've heard about this before, your not the only one
When the clutch shoes were made in China they got a batch of clutch shoe organic mix wrong,
Sadly these defective clutch shoes will be sold until their all gone
Don't buy that clutch or shoes again from the same place

Contact the seller and tell then your situation, Maybe you can get a refund
Clutch shoes should last 2k - 3k miles not 10 miles

I'm 250 lb on a old 10 speed bike not shore of weight of bike have some hills I help it on them first clutch burn out in a store parking lot all flat
Is there a good place to get the clutch from it's a tapered shaft clutch

I'm 250 lb on a old 10 speed bike not shore of weight of bike have some hills I help it on them first clutch burn out in a store parking lot all flat
Is there a good place to get the clutch from it's a tapered shaft clutch
And that is a four stroke motor kit on it, correct?

Back