Well, this morning, despite being 32° the bike fired up the second try and is looking like it's running and starting a bit better for now. I'm still not too sure about the idle, and when I engage the clutch to try and move it just stalls right out even if I'm pedaling at a pretty good pace and ease it in slowly. Which is weird because when the bike begins starting I can feel it starting to take off before I pull in the clutch to avoid locking my back tire, plus the fact it's turning the engine over when engaged I'd imagine that means it is indeed engaging properly.
Anyway I made a quick video of my bike idling in hopes someone could suggest which way I need to turn the idle screw or anything else that I should check out:
I know I know portrait videos are annoying, the sound is what's important though :p

The first run(the one recorded) it was dumping a pretty good amount of smoke, though again it is about freezing outside so I'm sure that's contributing, but the second run it seemed to calm down a bit and this time around after running it for maybe 5 minutes total I could actually hold my hand to the cylinder/head without burning myself so things do seem to be improving which makes me optimistic and still holding out hope that the offset intake will help any problems the idle screw can't correct.
Again, thank you a for your knowledge and feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

Ya
Hey! I've been perusing these forums for the last month or two and finally got my first 66cc kit in the mail today so I figured I should finally join in. Anyway, upon mostly installing my kit(for the life of me can't find an Allen key to move my stupid twist shifters) and noticed the rear wheel will absolutely not spin by itself. At first I thought the clutch was stuck and read a few threads thinking we had the same problem, but upon removing both the cover over the magnets and the drive sprocket I am able to push the bike just fine without issue. With the sprocket cover/ clutch lever attached the only way my bike moves is if I turn the bolt on the magneto's rotor(or flywheel?) And slowly inch the bike around.
Inside the cover there's clearly a spot where the chain is making contact and wearing the paint down, that spot also makes it very hard to put the cover on on the first place. Basically I'm wondering if it's safe to just grind that bit the chain is hanging up on off and call it a day? My guess is that wouldn't really mess up anything, but I'm no mechanic.
Also its probably worth noting, at first I couldn't get the sprocket cover off at all, and feared completely stripping the screws, so I tried putting the chain on with the cover on and there was a metallic "pop" kind of noise that I just assumed was the chain forcing it's way through, but it got stuck right after so I ended up backing it out and shortly after I managed to get the cover off with a flathead and adjustable wrench and put the chain on right. Anyway, I'm not positive this didn't mess anything up, but the sprocket looks fine, and the clutch seems to engage and disengage fine still, it's just a matter of it hitting the wall of the cover.

So, any ideas if it's safe to just grind or file away the problem area? Thanks!
Brand New there defective take a file to it or let chain grind it out loosen the bolt gradually tighten it grinding it.

Back