Chainsaw Top End compatibility

Sloppyslopster

Local time
7:03 AM
Hi,

So I’ve been looking into replacing a top end on my yd100 and was looking to see what would be the most straight forward one to do. I recently made a post about using a phantom 85 top end but I’d like to explore my option because those top ends are 100+ bucks (broke college kid moment).

Basically I’m asking which one will “bolt up” to the bottom half (after filling in transfer ports).

Ms380, 440, 460, or 660(definitely not this one lol)

Again thanks sorry for posting about this again.

Hi,

So I’ve been looking into replacing a top end on my yd100 and was looking to see what would be the most straight forward one to do. I recently made a post about using a phantom 85 top end but I’d like to explore my option because those top ends are 100+ bucks (broke college kid moment).

Basically I’m asking which one will “bolt up” to the bottom half (after filling in transfer ports).

Ms380, 440, 460, or 660(definitely not this one lol)

Again thanks sorry for posting about this again.
The ms460 is a good option

The ms460 is a good option
Ok thank you.
None will directly bolt on. You will need to fill the old stud holes somehow and center the bore to the case, then redrill and tap studs. That's why yhe phantom top end is a better option.
Damn that’s unfortunate. Thanks for the info. Maybe down the road I can try to do a hybrid but for now I’ll probably go for the phantom.

None will directly bolt on. You will need to fill the old stud holes somehow and center the bore to the case, then redrill and tap studs. That's why yhe phantom top end is a better option.
Also was running the numbers. Doing the saw conversion is around the same cost as doing the phantom anyway. The saw is waaayy more work too and I don’t have a mill laying around. Also just for fun I did some research and from what I could gather there is a way to “bolt” a ms380 onto a yd100. It seems you might just need some m8-m5 thread reducers?

Ok thank you.

Damn that’s unfortunate. Thanks for the info. Maybe down the road I can try to do a hybrid but for now I’ll probably go for the phantom.
Hey I’m not sure if you know much about the ld100, but do you know why when I use the jug, I have to use a 2 base gaskets and 2 head gaskets just for the piston to barely clear? When I only use one of each or one less of each. The piston hits the head and won’t do a full cycle. I thought the ld100 was supposed to work right? Didn’t know it need so much else. Also any knowledge on why when I remove the spark plug from my head, it has oil past the threads and onto the top of the hole? Thanks.

Hey I dont mean to hijack this post but im inerested in the phantom 85 top in on my zeda100 so it will fit? What about the pistons whitch one would I use? Thanks.

Hey I dont mean to hijack this post but im inerested in the phantom 85 top in on my zeda100 so it will fit? What about the pistons whitch one would I use? Thanks.
Yeah double check and make sure you have a 12mm wrist pin connecting rod. I unfortunately made that mistake when buying a new piston for my yd100. If you have a 10mm there might be some of the 10mm to 12mm wrist pins out there somewhere, but I'm not too sure they make them anymore.

Yeah double check and make sure you have a 12mm wrist pin connecting rod. I unfortunately made that mistake when buying a new piston for my yd100. If you have a 10mm there might be some of the 10mm to 12mm wrist pins out there somewhere, but I'm not too sure they make them anymore.
So quick question I have a yd with a 12mm connecting rod and if I get the phantom top end do I need to add a bushing? If so which one do I need

Back