USA Clutch Assembling Problems

steveluppino

Local time
10:36 AM
Hello,

I have problems try to reassemble clutch for first time. First time disassemble clutch not care to study diagram and check for all pieces not to lose during process.. Fear something lost. Missing part in middle section (in below diagram). Near ball bearing. When turn clutch lever ball bearing fall off camshaft. Is fear small piece fall out that fit between ball and side of case during removal. This piece vital to prevent ball from falling off shaft. Can anyone tell the name of this piece?

Last edited:
Auo! where you people from? which country I mean? me from Australia you not believe today was stopped from police men tell me illegal to ride bike must pedal home expect fine in post. nearly had fight. All country same? which one not? me lost without little toy.

Yeah most of us are in America, pretty much if you can have a gun, you can ride your mopeds. Let them take your gun rights away and lots if other ridiculous rights fall soon after.

Seem they not know here in Australia when ban guns that not as much education to shoot empty can than for expert mechanic to build and ride motorized bike and possible use for step up to 250cc motorcycle. They leave law for electric power bikes up to 250kW here but not combustion. Maybe they start at small vehicle to make switch to electric powered some day depend on other conditions with battery life, etc. For now too expensive to purchase full kit for e-bike however compared to combustion type. Winding noise of e-engine smooth less nervous than imperfect compression bursts from lawnmower type sound of small cc 2-stroke. but fun to ride either one.

Last edited:
To answer your problem, the ball goes in first, then the bucking bar. Don't put the ball in after the bucking bar. You aren't missing parts, just assembled in the wrong order.
As far as your law issue, Australia is pretty draconian with motorized bikes. 250 watts won't even get you to 15 mph. Most of our Aussie brothers have quit the forums...

They make life hard with take away small necessity they make big with high society. They like stay safe walk slow like John Wayne. I fixed clutch. before break engine mount stud after release break accident from hard stop. testimony to frame. have to remove and replace broken stud. when check clutch removed cover not replace properly until find good diagram.

I don't wanna sound mean, but you speak English worse than a Jamaican with a Chinese translator. You are hard to understand.
I understood you broke a mounting stud. Buy better studs wherever you can, 12.9 grade if you can.

Last edited:
I agree. Wtf Steve?
Yes the cops want you to have insurance, safety inspections, lights etc on your custom motorcycle that you ride on the public road. You can understand that? If you don't use the combustion engine on the road, save it for permitted dirt bike riding areas/ private land, you will probably be okay.

Replace the cheesy grade zero studs before they break, not after. Otherwise you risk damaging the weakly cast aluminium engine.
Grade 8.8 has "survived some monster potholes" for me so it must be okay.

Back