Clutch Cable Relocator Bracket

cosworth

Local time
7:25 PM
Here is a slight variation on the fine original idea submitted by "Large Filipino". Scrap "L" channel from our aircraft restoration hangar plus a steel wheel (3/4") for a patio door and a barrel adjusting bolt from a bicycle clutch or brake handle. Total cost was about $8.00. I remade it this way to better blend in with the bike (paint is actually gray and not the blueish tint that shoes in the pictures. Again, thanks to "Large Filipino" for his innovation. Cable Relocator Bracket 1.jpgCable Relocator Bracket.jpg

I mount my roller cable version on the opposite side of the clutch housing so that you can install a centrifugal clutch and still have easy removal of the centrifugal clutch cover.

This was just a first trial fit to see how I liked it. Not so sure I want to run with it since I don't really have a problem with clutch lever pressure. Tell me more on how/who make a centrifugal clutch for this motor. Have you tried it? Can you actually start from a dead stop without pedaling?

Do a Google search for,

"Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

and the modification can be found with a Google search for,

"Lubrication port > Modified Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 70cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

Back