Clutch gear for 410 chain.

Local time
10:33 AM
Was having multiple chain issues on 3 different engines and two different bikes. Main problem, I think is this fat 415H chain on 10 or 11 tooth gear inside that tiny little space. Grind it out? BS, use parts that fit.
Tried HD BMX chain and behold the rear and idler fit perfect. 415 was floppy all over cuz too fat in the middle.
Very dissapointed front gear for 415. Can't find narrower clutch gear, ⅛" not ³/16. I read an old thread from like 2010, that referenced a sky-something 66cc that came with "the skinny chain", so I know it exists. Any help?
I'm running an old Rusty chain I dialed in trans fluid for a week on a sprocket I "machined" with my angle grinder. It's holding (knock wood) but ordered a new kmc 710 half link. Want a new "correct" sprocket too go with it.
Please, anybody! HELP!
Thanks
Zeke

Dremel tool and make it fit.
Thanks Human. (.....sounds odd....)
Have one like that on it, working good for the qldbfirst couple hundred but they are VERY pointy. Far from perfect.
I just wanted the correct sprocket to go with the new chain (half links 😁) I just ordered. That sprocket will eat it alive.
Thank you for the reply.

I agree with the Human. You can make your narrow sprocket carefully and accurately with a decent rotary tool that is suitable for fine and accurate work, like a Dremel. You don't have one like it. Your very pointy creation made using an angle grinder is not equivalent to the Human's suggestion.

I made my output sprocket just 2mm thick with 1.8mm tips for 11/128" chain using a rotary tool, not an angle grinder.

Sorry. I meant to type that i had that same issue with the downhill mountain bike chains from the bike shop.
I had to take me dremel and thin the teeth down a bit ;)

Ride Safe :)

HP

Hi FOTI :)

The Junker Columbia Klunker Junker still lives except i cut up and reconfigured a what i was told was a 60cc kawasaki expansion chamber along with the 1 1/8" ID tube so it seems to rip along and uphill quite well than before :)

I may register and send ya a pic of it FOTI.

Wait till ya see it man! :p

Ride Safe!

HumanPerson

I just wanted the correct sprocket to go with the new chain (half links 😁) I just ordered. That sprocket will eat it alive.
Thank you for the reply.
Pretty sure you have that backwards. I have a kmc 710 full link chain running my jackshaft setup. This chain will destroy anything imperfect, unscathed. If given a chance, it will twist plates, shatter bearings and bend shafts.... without a scratch, no twist, no stretch.

Hey Dan, good tip. I actually ordered the HL710L all half links. Really looking forward to that adjustability. Damn Husky I have has a non original derailleur ( I think), thus pretty heavy mod and axle sit s all the way back in the not drop out frame (... What is that called? The non dropout type?...) Anyway, I still would like to put the new chain on a new sprocket.
There's a question Dan? Everyone, ok not EVERYONE, recommends the 415 despite it's acknowledged clearance problems, yet doesn't a jack shaft have to run final drive thru bicycle chain, skinnier still multi gear? Let's add in a fit rider pedalling hard and now there's considerably horsepower running thru that poor itty bitty chain.
I'm seriously running a turd of a 410 chain, no lie had as to soak it in trans fluid almost a month to break it loose. (I know: not the best solvent but it worked.) Screwed up sprocket. It's a beast now, well on kinda timid little girl beast but better than with the heavy chain. It's gotta suck down a little HP. I swear I'm faster.
Gotta go. G going to my self-help group meeting, 12 steps: OnAndOnAnon
Sorry

Furry wrote:I1made my output sprocket just 2mm thick with 1.8mm tips for 11/128" chain using a rotary tool, not an angle grinder.

Thanks Furry! And thanks for the confidence that I could machine with a precision grinding machine better than I could with my old clunky Angle Grinder. LOL.
I jest. You're right, I rushed it, and for the record I did the last couple passes with the Dremel. I'm not a complete moron 🤔. I maybe even l exaggerated the pointy characteristic ... But it's been grinded (ground?) on, it's integrity is compromised.

So I ask again, has no one heard of have a ⅛" front sprocket? Maybe a go cart part?

I'm gonna post this reply, then I'm GoingToFind that old post about the"skinny c I

Back