Clutch keeps grabbing

skyash

Local time
6:46 PM
My bike Whent fine start it today and when I lift my bike up the wheel spins on idle .so I put the revs down and its worst then be for so I looked in Side and all looks good..at a higher rev its still grabbing but not violently like on low revs?

Are we talking 4 stroke or 2 stroke engine? If it's the one where the clutch bell rides in a brass bushing try lubricating the bushing.

4 stroke stock /pocket bike gear box . when I walk the bike I can hear a scrap every foot or so from the clutch but I have been in there and it fine so maybe I will go back inside the box tonight

4 stroke stock /pocket bike gear box . when I walk the bike I can hear a scrap every foot or so from the clutch but I have been in there and it fine so maybe I will go back inside the box tonight
There is a brass bushing that slips over the shaft and the clutch bell slips over it . The bushing winds up hanging up on the shaft and the bell causing it to drag and catch making a terrible noise. I ran into this problem a long time ago and just lightly lubed the bushing . It only temporarily fixed the problem . I have since heard that you are supposed to soak the bushing in a particular type of lubricant over night, or less if heated. I can't remember what the lube was, But I'm almost sure the info was on this forum. It had me stumped cause disassembled everything looked ok, then I noticed some galling on the bushing.

There is a brass bushing that slips over the shaft and the clutch bell slips over it . The bushing winds up hanging up on the shaft and the bell causing it to drag and catch making a terrible noise. I ran into this problem a long time ago and just lightly lubed the bushing . It only temporarily fixed the problem . I have since heard that you are supposed to soak the bushing in a particular type of lubricant over night, or less if heated. I can't remember what the lube was, But I'm almost sure the info was on this forum. It had me stumped cause disassembled everything looked ok, then I noticed some galling on the bushing.
Well it seems that one pad is hitting the drum so I moved the box up a little bit and it stopped hitting .I didn't think that the little bit of play on the box mount wood hurt ....but I still have to try it on the street ...

Back