Cool Weekday Ride

CENTURION

Local time
9:08 AM
Temps are about 63° F low humidity, kinda cool and overcast, not a lot of people out, makes for great MB riding. The Zeda's seem to run very well in these temps. I was out for over an hour (where did that time go?). Seen the biggest red head woodpecker I've come across nibbling on a fresh cut tree ( you have to zoom). I'm getting pretty good at keeping the RPM's, and speed at about 18 MPH, which seems to produce the least noise tone. This last little bike I put together is so light and easy to transport in the van, it gets to a lot of out-of-the way places to explore.:)

Attachments

• W1.jpg
    W1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 79
  • W2.jpg
    W2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 72
I got up to 92° F with high humididty last week, and no rain for 10 days, I like to ride standard bikes on the trails, but that was not happening. Last year was the first winter for me on snow, and I really enjoyed it, kept my weight in check and no springtime out-of-shape leg syndrome. Sometimes when it get super hot, I whish for those winter days again. :LOL:

Attachments

• SNOWDAYS.jpg
    SNOWDAYS.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 74
It's been in the upper 80s except for rainy days. I'm still having trouble finding master links locally, I'll have to order some.

Another errand for a family member, and I end up here.

The first plaque commerates the Cash Lake House. The second and third commemorate the Roy Orbison house.

20230616_121610.jpg
20230616_121829.jpg

One is a rubble pile. The other, an orchard.

Roy's two sons died in a fire in 1968, and he sold the land to Johnny who promised to make it an orchard forever.

Cash's house sold to Barry Gibb after his death, and his renovation crew burned it down.
I never liked those beegee boys anyway.

When I was taking music courses in the 80s, a bunch of us would take our lunch breaks in front of this house.
I'm sure Johnny knew what we were doing....

Roy Orbison was always one of my favourites, but I do confess I like the really very early BGs too, not the disco BGs though...I never did forgive them for disco...lol.

Roy was doing great with The Traveling Wilburys, (Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty), until he died unexpectedly during his time with them.

Roy Orbison was always one of my favourites, but I do confess I like the really very early BGs too, not the disco BGs though...I never did forgive them for disco...lol.

Roy was doing great with The Traveling Wilburys, (Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty), until he died unexpectedly during his time with them.

Guess it was easy for me to take them all for granted, just more locals. Never seen Johnny perform. Did see him quite a few times passing on the road, and glad he didn’t run us off when we parked at his house, cranked our tunes and took our lunch break! (don’t ‘think’ he was doing our kind of lunch anymore...😂)

Ya know what made me appreciate Cash a bit more? Traveling with an engineer from El Salvador, a huge fan, he knew more about Johnny than I did geez. Had to see the movie. Then I read Trent Reznor’s opinion before and after he did the cover of ‘Hurt’, first thought he’d trash it...then said it’s not my song anymore Cash owns it better than I did.

Back