Cris-I thank everyone for their advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eagle Boy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Eagle Boy

Eagle Boy New Member

Wow! Thanks very much everyone for your advice/ideas and input to my questions. I have reviewed some links, and feel comfortable with purchasing a 50cc Titan engine kit. This is my first try with a bike motor, and I expect to have a lot of fun.

I wonder if I might beef up the sprocket a bit and purchase a Kings custom sprocket?? - the hardened Aluminum type they machine.

As well, I see Kings also sells a beefier sprocket adapter, but not sure if it will work with the Titan 50 cc sprocket, or the beefier replacement sprocket that I may purchase from Kings?

I wonder if I adapted Kings beefier sprocket and sprocket adapter to the Titan Kit - how it would work out??

Basically looking to make things as tough as possible, especially for a try at -40c riding.

2. ENO

ENO Member

Welcome to Mbc

Welcome mate..ENO (Down Under)..Good forum for info and some pics and some problems and they all get on board..Good luck ENO (Oz)
  3. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

i have hered nothing but good things about the adapter and kings sprockets. I would highly suggest you buy both of these items.

as a side note, the stock setup that comes with your kit does a fine job but you really have to make sure its on true and centered.

*the adapter and a king sprocket will eliminate these problems! much more user friendly.

good luck, and have fun. be sure to read a bit more about the must do's of new kits