CVT CVT's and Comet drivelines

Evan

You Have Engineered Many Awsum Mab Options. Hope To Hear More From You, At Least Hope You Stay Available To Us.

I Was Thinking Your Motor Mount With The Jack Shaft At The Rear Section, Would Be Nice For A Shifter Kit. The Shaft Mounts Could Also Be Placed On Top Of The Mount Plate. The Motor Hole`s Could Be Slotted Also (if Not Slotted Already) For Chain Adjustment.

Treewk/neat Times - Ron

Attachments

• 001-6.jpg
    001-6.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Interestingly, "nuttsy" Was Posting His Thoughts Of Using A Harbor Freight 79cc Engine With The Comet Cvt Drive. This Was In His Post Dated 3-1-2009

HE HAS HAD SUCH SUCCESS WITH HIS "POCKET BIKE CVT TRANSMISSION" THAT HIS HF GREYHOUND IS JUST COLLECTING DUST !! HE WILL GET AROUND TO USING IT SOME DAY!! IF HE EVER GETS OFF THE PB CVT BUILD LONG ENOUGH !! LOL.

RON. PS SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I KEEP FORGETTING. RG.

Last edited:
TreeWK

Cool man! Checked out those fotos.

Nuttsy, Does the Robin spin CW or did I miss somethin'? Love the "stealth mode"!

Since adjusting the primary (engine to clutch) ratio lower I've noticed gains in take off all the way up to speed. No real increase in top speed but pulls a lot better up to it.

Adjusting the primary does not effect the drive ratio but changes the engine rpm that the clutch engages at.

Contrary to popular misconception the HF doesn't have a lot of low end grunt; it builds power w/ velocity i.e. hp goes up w/ the rpm's.

So moving the motor rpms up in relation to the clutch has allowed me to better utilize the power avail. And, although top speed wasn't noticably increased, acceleration all throughout has been increased and uphill speeds have been increased.

Where the previous range may have been 1500-4000ish rpm's, the new range is more like 1800-5200ish.

Cheers!

FB,
The Robin spins CC. Its the pocket bike CVT that reverses the rotation through its internal gearing.
Good to know about the lower gearing for the HF motor. I'm gonna use a Torque-A-Verter on my build with the HF and it doesn't grab the belt until between 2000 and 2200 RPM. That should let the HF get some power up.

Ron, I owe you an email--comin' soon

Nuttsy

No One Is Keeping Count!! But It Surpassed Owing 1 Email Some Time Ago!! Lol. But I understand,

your watching all the "Shania Twain" video/song links I sent you!! correct??!!!

Rg

Attachments

• Capture 46.JPG
    Capture 46.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 555
  • Capture 10.JPG
    Capture 10.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 525
  • EJA`H 2010.JPG
    EJA`H 2010.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Evan

You Have Engineered Many Awsum Mab Options. Hope To Hear More From You, At Least Hope You Stay Available To Us.

I Was Thinking Your Motor Mount With The Jack Shaft At The Rear Section, Would Be Nice For A Shifter Kit. The Shaft Mounts Could Also Be Placed On Top Of The Mount Plate. The Motor Hole`s Could Be Slotted Also (if Not Slotted Already) For Chain Adjustment.

Treewk/neat Times - Ron
prospect today

Sorry I missed this reply! Thanks! I'm around. You can always email or pm me if I can help.

Cheers!

hmm my setup

my setup till a friend borrowed it and removed the 2 gears, and cut the chain and now the **** goes backwards...****ing retarded

Attachments

• custom bike. jpg (1).jpg
    custom bike. jpg (1).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 591
anyone here have any experience with the BMI cvt? also has anyone put a pulley on the output to belt drive a bike like a whizzer has?

Back