Jackshaft DIY Jackshaft / Freewheel / Shift Kit

My wheels measure 27" inflated and I'm not sure what my max torque is.
With 27" wheels at 9300 rpm in 3rd gear you'll have a top speed of 49.4 mph. Now as to whether or not your engine can move you and the bike's weight to that speed on level ground will depend on what kind of horsepower you're dealing with.

I'm getting about 47 mph on flat ground, I can't max out 3rd gear unless I have a strong tailwind or downhill. I don't mind because it keeps me from floating my valves.
Doing 47 mph at 8842 rpm with 27" tires on level ground; that's still impressive. Either your total weight isn't a lot and/or you've done a good job of squeezing out every horsepower you can get. If speed is what you're after Dan is the Man..🖒🖒🖒

I weigh about 135 lbs and have to tuck down to squeeze out my last few mph, I hit around 43 mph if I'm sitting up.

Yeah I'm 245 and my bike weighs 100 so I need every horse and ft/lb I can get to deal with these 30% grade hills. I once had a friend on here who said listening to my RS35 going up hill sounded like Little slave children being forced to work in a coal mine lol

Back