Eff these clutches

So im going to try something else. My clutch preload is as far as you can take and still be able to pull in for freewheel. however, I noticed the clutch spring is not maxed out and what is limiting the spring from maxing out on preload is the 2 collars that harness the spring on the shaft. when your preload is maxed its because the tip of thoes to collar hit one another. So what if i shave off 1 or 2mm from the collar without the pin. wouldnt that allow the sring to compress more and essentially give my more plate pressure. One could also shim both collars with washers but I dont have any that size. Has anyone had luck doing this before. I highly doubt its a new idea but it is new to me
16998335539269141279644327450809.jpg

I have a great Idea for a clutch. I wish I owned a shop with proper machinery. Electro Magnetic clutch. the same as you would find on an automobile ac compressor. The only difference in that design would beinsteadof a pully you would have the basket gear in its place. It would have less working parts and would require very little maintenance. You can produce the 12volt from an extra coil on the stator. You wouldnt have a lever or cable to activate but only a finder button you hold on to. The grab power would be remarkable and the ability to instantly releasewould be great to. Definitely fix the slipping issues and eliminate the dangerous clutch replacements that are currently sold. You would dominate The MB industry for clutch upgrades.
images.jpeg
clutch_ac_mobil_dealer_suzuki.jpg

I have a great Idea for a clutch. I wish I owned a shop with proper machinery. Electro Magnetic clutch. the same as you would find on an automobile ac compressor. The only difference in that design would beinsteadof a pully you would have the basket gear in its place. It would have less working parts and would require very little maintenance. You can produce the 12volt from an extra coil on the stator. You wouldnt have a lever or cable to activate but only a finder button you hold on to. The grab power would be remarkable and the ability to instantly releasewould be great to. Definitely fix the slipping issues and eliminate the dangerous clutch replacements that are currently sold. You would dominate The MB industry for clutch upgrades.
View attachment 202974View attachment 202975
Well you have a welder and you can probably find one at a wrecking yard. It's worth a shot

yeah but in this version it would be to big for the case plus turning the pully i to a basket gear wont be easy. it would have to be custom made cnc parts. wish i had access to one. I can design the parts if someone could cnc them. ill go in 50-50 with ya on profits and patent. lol

That is an interesting idea to use an electro magnet clutch. I believe someone suggested a lawn tractor electric clutch. Small enough but they have a brake function to stop the blade and are expensive.
Your idea of a air conditioner clutch may be the answer.
What ever you do looks like a world of adaptation. Great!

Back