Eff these clutches

I found a temp solution until i can find a perma fix. How bout some dusty brake pad nuggets. put 6 on so far and it already slips way less. lol it will be better once their all ground to the same hightView attachment 202786
That is honestly an Idea I have had before. I have a box of EBC red pads from a car I owned years ago I thought about using. Definitely would be very dusty. Might be worth putting slots in the cover for airflow.

That is honestly an Idea I have had before. I have a box of EBC red pads from a car I owned years ago I thought about using. Definitely would be very dusty. Might be worth putting slots in the cover for airflow.
lol with doing that clutch attempt i got much more than slots in my cover. I got a giant hole in the middle. lol could add a washer to top of flower nut and tack on some small fins to get some air flow goin. might look cool in that big gas hole

If this turns out good maybe this is the option for you

The brake pad trick for clutch pads has been around for quite some time. Make sure to wear a respirator or have good ventilation when cutting up brake pads.

Another clutch pad alternate is a green aramid drive belt cut up to make your clutch pads. I cant remember if it's a 1/2" or 5/8" wide belt fills the clutch basket perfectly. Just cut them to the correct thickness.

This is a super grabby clutch alternative. It's like a centerforce race clutch. It holds good & it's a on & off type grabby clutch.

That's a nice clean mounting ya did there Risky (y)
Thanks.... The Traveler screwed right into the standard cable post and then I used a small bracket behind the clutch cover to catch the other end of the follower tip to keep it from moving under the pull stroke of the cable. Much like it would be mounted on a bicycle brake.

Simple lever pull drawing.

Attachments

• lever pull.jpg
    lever pull.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32
Back