Engine Trouble Engine dies at idle once warmed up.

Your idle adjustment for slide position was in to far from the leak issue so yes it needed to be reset.

OK. I understand that, because the leak (if it was sucking in, which since there was no oil showing, makes the most sense) would've added more air so the engine needed the slide to be further up at idle to let in more fuel/oil mix so that it would idle at all, right?

BTW, the .075 jet seems to be the ticket at current coldish temps and being nearly at sea level. Engine is starting pretty well and runs well at idle and WOT and with the gearing I have on the SBP jackshaft, front chainrings and 7sp rear cassette, the bike can crawl slow with great power and go faster than I want to go for very long...could probably go faster with different gearing but my goal was max torque delivered to rear wheel at very low speeds for towing trailers up nasty old logging roads. Now that it's running pretty well, it's pretty doggone fun and useful! Thanks, guys!

BTW, am in talks with Bikeberry re case half gasket issue. It would appear that that engine was never good to go from the factory so they should replace bottom of engine for me, but we'll see. Gotta give it a try, I guess.

Back