Carby Mikuni VM-20 Idle absolutely sucks!

It's what I do...pay it forward for the best cause. All of you with pets please listen. They need us. They don't have thumbs & they can't tell you what's wrong.
Don't get me going about SPCA or animal control departments in every town...The money never goes to the animals.

I've already been paying it forward for years, I now have 4 rescue cats that are now indoor only...All were caught by me when they were still outdoor feral, wild cats....I also feed and water all the outdoor very wild and feral cats which number between 15 to 20 at any given time.

Since I know that animal control and SPCA will not do their job down here, I do it for them and rub their noses in it when someones pit bulls repeatedly get loose...Animal control won't take them in and hold them, they just call the owner and let them pick them up to do it all over again after coming into my yard, killing kittens and cats and animal control still won't do their job...They are only good for picking up the dead bodies of animals.

Last month, YEP...Pit Bulls again...This time it was different...I call animal control and tell them to come and do the only thing they know how...Pick up two dead pit bull bodies out of my yard...Don't forget to call the irresponsible owners again to just come and get their dogs like you do everytime rather then doing your job and bring the dog owners to court for their vicious killer dogs they own and keep getting loose to kiill again in my yard.

You won't do the job your paid to do...I just did it for you guys for cheap...Amazing what you can do with a .357 magnum with hot load hollow points when pit bulls come over to kill the wild feral animals, you won't take the dogs to shelter and take owners to court for their killer dogs.

And no, they didn't suffer like the cats and kittens they ripped in half between the both of them taking a cat in their mouths together and ripping them in half.
One bullet, one headshot , for the both of them.

I guess the irresponsible owners will take me seriously next time when i promised them I would take care of the problem for them.

It is such a shame that folks don't take me at my word when I say I will do something...lol.

I run a 40mm stroke with an Athena sport kit. Only mods are transfer matching…. 26” wheels 10/36 20mm carb and a cheep jog 50 pipe.
If I pin it I get 60 on a good day so on the 43 stroke with a good pipe I wouldn’t doubt 70 mph for a minute.
The minarelli conversion and pipe turns the CG engine in to a whole different thing.

Keep the life insurance current

It’s not a smart idea to go probably faster than 35-40 mph on a motorized bicycle.
I got caught up in pushing my bike faster and faster until I realized it’s insane.
I use what’s probably a kids skate board helmet on the motorized becuse I have always felt a good motorcycle helmet was over kill and not a cool look. Stupid.. I know.

These are the reasons I bought a 700cc class motorcycle and all proper gear to ride last year after being off them for many years.

If I have the need to go 60 or 70 at least I have a fair chance of doing it relatively safe on the highway rated for that speed on a bike made for it and dressed for the occasion.

I keep my motorized to 30-35 now.

Yeah, should've never jumped in with both feet. My bad. A couple of local guy are scratchin their heads but hey, if I gotta give it up for cost...I'll do that in the end. I won't blast were I'm at money wise but if ya wanna PM feel free. Don't just do it to pull my pants down though. Remember, this money is going to people to have access to a Veterinarian if needed or whatever else is needed

Don't get me going about SPCA or animal control departments in every town...The money never goes to the animals.

I've already been paying it forward for years, I now have 4 rescue cats that are now indoor only...All were caught by me when they were still outdoor feral, wild cats....I also feed and water all the outdoor very wild and feral cats which number between 15 to 20 at any given time.

Since I know that animal control and SPCA will not do their job down here, I do it for them and rub their noses in it when someones pit bulls repeatedly get loose...Animal control won't take them in and hold them, they just call the owner and let them pick them up to do it all over again after coming into my yard, killing kittens and cats and animal control still won't do their job...They are only good for picking up the dead bodies of animals.

Last month, YEP...Pit Bulls again...This time it was different...I call animal control and tell them to come and do the only thing they know how...Pick up two dead pit bull bodies out of my yard...Don't forget to call the irresponsible owners again to just come and get their dogs like you do everytime rather then doing your job and bring the dog owners to court for their vicious killer dogs they own and keep getting loose to kiill again in my yard.

You won't do the job your paid to do...I just did it for you guys for cheap...Amazing what you can do with a .357 magnum with hot load hollow points when pit bulls come over to kill the wild feral animals, you won't take the dogs to shelter and take owners to court for their killer dogs.

And no, they didn't suffer like the cats and kittens they ripped in half between the both of them taking a cat in their mouths together and ripping them in half.
One bullet, one headshot , for the both of them.

I guess the irresponsible owners will take me seriously next time when i promised them I would take care of the problem for them.

It is such a shame that folks don't take me at my word when I say I will do something...lol.
👍

I run a 40mm stroke with an Athena sport kit. Only mods are transfer matching…. 26” wheels 10/36 20mm carb and a cheep jog 50 pipe.
If I pin it I get 60 on a good day so on the 43 stroke with a good pipe I wouldn’t doubt 70 mph for a minute.
The minarelli conversion and pipe turns the CG engine in to a whole different thing.

Stupid fast! The neighbor kid Ian will go full blast, I won't. HE does areal 360's on his YZ to though. 22 years old and goin pro this coming season. I'm an ol fart at 57...still fit but smarter now lol

So today I filled my bike up with VP SEF 40:1 synthetic/94 octane with a lil VP racing fuels octane booster "MADDITIVE". Made from petroleum stock & not just Toluene. Can...boost up to 5 points. I also put a fresh Autolite 4092=B8HS & indexed it with these little anodized washers made for this purpose. Different color/different thickness. I have a box of them for my hotrods. Well, I guess it's all broken in now because it has never ran this good since I have owned it. This thread was started about my crappy idle. Those days are gone. I will literally idle now with the idle speed screw turned all the way out now. It pop's off & starts now like it has somewhere to go.
The pilot screw does exactly what it's supposed to do now too. I absolutely love how it's running now but that compression is a real BEAR! Eerily on you could kick start it...NOT NOW! When it's on the compression stroke you can hold down the pedal and you gotta what for bleed down & still...NO CIGAR.
Get on and pedal a few strokes and ease out the clutch and bangity Bing Bing Bing! Idles with very lil smoke until ya crack the go grip. Amazing how 1 day it's OK & the next day it's AWESOME!!! I really don't like the sound of stock clutch basket bearings though (clatter) & yes that's definitely where that noise comes from along with the meshing of crank to clutch gears.👎
I have .8 squish in 4 locations...12:00' 6, 3 & 9. I'm a lil curious what that might be at normal operating Temps. Going off my ol skool Snap-on compression tester it's 13.4 - 8:1 sound about right? MXS sport cylinder, MXS racing piston with 15mm o.d. × 12mm i.d. wrist pin bearing & a Smolik Performance head. I don't want the piston to touch the head come summer when it's hot outside.

7:15pm...
Just went for another ride. I think I'd like to kill some of that compression. 288psi!!! Approx 13.5:1!!!
The cost of running RACE fuel I'm already feeling. So basically cylinder to block gaskets need to be a little bit thicker. Custom block specifically machined for a certain deck hight per the 43mm stroker crank from RDM and the block/case transfer ports are specific...not rego Minarelli but like Yamaha BW's/Slider/Zuma. It really rips and most wanna wring every last drop of HP but this is actually overkill for a 77cc. Looks like I might need to sit down with a dial indicator at TDC and figure out where I'm at. "Squish" or proper terminology Combustion chamber volume is what'll make this eng last. Ultra high piston crown Temps, head Temps, running extra fuel to keep cool and the list goes on. SMOLIK sure can build a monster even only at a real 77cc but I think taming it down a little bit will be better for the end user to enjoy. It's like trying to use a TOP FUEL DRAG CAR as a daily driver. Don't get me wrong...it's WICKED & a real blast to ride but it really wants WIDE OPEN GO GRIP!
Any suggestions are and will be greatly appreciated. I've taken everyone's advice thus far and had fantastic results. Even the guy that suggested more oil. That didn't work out to great at first but now...it loves it.

After this comment things got pretty quiet.
My buddy runs your set up...40mm stroke, light port work to a cast Minarelli cyl. Aftermarket head of some sort, knock off Smolik style intake manifold, VM -20, EBAY jog pipe, 10/36 gears & 26"wheels. One of my modded stock cheap Reed valves to keep Reed float at bay. And he gets 58-62 depending on weather. Beach cruiser style frame with a Electra triple tree front fork. It's definitely FAST! Thanks for chiming in for the Na sayers. Like you said...whole different thing. He also filed out the key way for retard on his rotor/magnet. -7 degrees. And again One on my modded stock Minarelli vertical reeds. I only get a couple bike lengths out on him around 40 and oh so slowly barley keep pullin away but NOT like a rocket or anything.

Back