Carby Engine flooding

MinimumVK

Local time
9:50 AM
Hello again... So i had a problem with my previous frame and wanted to switch over my motor onto a more modern frame. I did just that and when i tried starting the bike it had the same issues like when i first tried starting it 600km ago. It was bogging like crazy and had no power. I checked the plug and its really really wet. Its the newer BoFeng carb Now when i was mounting the engine i have cleaned the carb and that was the only thing that i took apart. When i blow into the fuel inlet and move the float it does close. I do however have 2 questions and those are what way the float is supposed to face (it has a ridge on one end of the float). And at what height the float should be. For the NT carb it says that it should be 21mm so i tried that but it made things worse (stock my carb had about 17.5mm height). What could i try to get it working?
Thanks in advance!

The ridge should face down toward the bottom of the bowl. As far as the float height goes, I honestly don't know what the proper height is supposed to be. I would suggest putting it back to about 18mm for now, but it could be the same spec. Maybe somebody can provide more information

If the float needle seals when you test it but the carb is still overfilling the bowl then that would point to the float, the float arms, or the needle itself posibly binding up/getting stuck. If this is the case that would explain why it gets worse with the float set lower in the blowl (higher height setting) as the float needle would actually be open more if it is binding up on something internally, causing even more fuel to make its ways in.

It seems we had a bunch of faulty plug wires lately, change yours and see what happens.
Spark is strong and has a clean blue color. I soldered my own wiring from the magneto to the CDI and killswitch so i would say thats all working fine. Again the only thing i took apart was the carb.

Back