engine tune up & exhuast ports

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by chieflets, Jan 19, 2007.

1. chieflets

chieflets Guest

Hi Guy's,

top website very intresting i have question,

1. How many turns do i need to turn out the mixture screw from fully close position on top of carby

2. How many turn do i need to adjust the idle screw on side of carby

Iam currently doing 46km on flat straight with 80cc chineese motor and short chrome pipe from grubee.

also what i noticed that the cylinder head has a square output flow where the gasket and muffler has round port which limits the exhuast flow limit

any view be appreciated

Chieflets

2. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

Hey, that sounds like the carb i have. The first screw you're talking about sounds like the screw to adjust the cable slack....but if i'm wrong, tell me. The idle screw: adjust it so that it idles good when you disengage the clutch. What i did when adjusting mine was look to see how much of a gap there was from the bottom of the barrel (thing that slides up and down in carb) to the bottom of the bore ( i'm not sure what to call it? the gap between the bottom of barrel to the lowest part of the bore going through the carb) i think that makes sense... do u have a picture of your carb? my engine also has a squarish shaped opening to the exhaust and intake, and both gaskets are round in the center.