Extended HT Fuel Range.

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by fetor56, Mar 26, 2008.

1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

For ppl going on an extended trip premix your oil with petrol(AKA,gas) in this hip flask and take it with u (premix to your own specs)
    It's then easier to tip this less concentrated oil/gas mixture in your fuel tank when your refueling.Remember to still shake your tank WELL.

BTW...it sayes "Happy 18th Birthday" cos all those ones were half-price. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008

2. Man I was thinking the exact same thing! But I was thinking more like have the gas with the correct premix so when you actually run out of gas,that bottle should be good for another...20 miles?
    But I like your idea. Imagine the looks when you pour that flask down your tank at the pumps.
  3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I got a large aluminum water bottle (camping) from ChinaMart and it works great! I bungie cord it to my frame for long rides.
  4. Hey here's a nice little item. I bet it would fit in my tool pouch and it's apparantly safe for fuels.That would mean it won't be like a bomb and if I'm stopped I won't look like a terrorist holding a bomb in the eyes of the law!
    But then again...naw. At least it's written on the bottle. That should prevent you from getting shot. :grin:

(edit) HAHAHAHA!!!

The cuss word thing blocked the website.

It's d i c k s sportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2141451

That may be hard to fill at the pumps though.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  5. Jim H

Jim H Guest

That's off topic Sparky!:shock:
  6. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Hey Large, that looks exactly like a MRS bottle, only different color. I know a gas pump nozzle will JUST fit inside a MRS bottle, don't know about that one though.
  7. I would actually need to go see it myself. It does look like it would just fit.
    But if your running a 2 stroke it wouldn't matter. I mix my fuel in a gallon container then pour it in my tank. I assume I would best pour the premix in that container too.
  8. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Yeah. That price is hard to beat for a 20 fuel bottle. The MRS's are like 8 more.
  9. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Thats idential to the aluminum camping water bottle I got from ChinaMart.
  10. Cool. I guess as long as it's air tight it shouldn't be any different than one made for fuel.
    Do you have a link to the chinamart one?
  11. use your 2 stroke bottle just keep one when its empty then do a halfy and mix it in the quart (2 stroke bottle)its only an ounce of displacement thats not heavy. Ive done this since I was just a youngster.
  12. DakotaLynx

DakotaLynx New Member

Hey, I'm looking at making a fuel tank for mounting on a plate over the drive sprocket. Due to clearance issues, (aka: "Ow my heels keep whacking the gas tank!") I'm looking at using a 1 gallon lacquer thinner jug.
    My question is, how do you guys ventilate those aluminum drinking bottles to compensate for vacuum? The opening for the can is approx. 1 3/8" across. (Externally threaded of course.) Is there any nice vented gas caps that would fit on something that small? Or will I have to search for another solution?